Signature Picture Size

Scotty Hutto

Monacoers,

We love seeing pics of your rig in your signatures! This is NOT a request to remove your pics!!!

However, I need to ask that we limit the size of the pictures to 300 pixels in the largest dimension. 

If you have a large pic and need to resize it, go to your username in the upper right hand corner, select "Account Settings", the on the left hand menu select "Signature".  In your signature, double-click on your picture and a dialog box will come up that will allow you to resize the pic.  Use 300 as the larger dimension.  Once done, click 'Update" to finish resizing, then "Save" to update your signature.

As always, if you need help message me on here or email me at scott at monacoers dot org

• Thanks 1

Quick question. i use an alias name and don't use my real name, but in the profile it has my real name.  Because Google is so easy to use, I really don't want my correct name and address out there because if I go on a trip and talk about it, crooks that monitor these kind of things can see I am out of town and break in potentially. How do I know my information is secure and not published to the world? Jim

Jim,

You can control what content is viewable to other members, and to the outside world. Your Display Name is visible to all users.   Your last name used when you register is only visible to you on your profile page and the Moderators. By default, your real last name is NOT visible to other users unless you change your settings to allow it.  In no case is it visible to someone who isn't a registered user on the site.

The best way to address what you are asking is to go to your Account Settings. On the main page (Overview) it will show your "Display Name".  On the left hand side, click on "Display Name"  and you can set it to anything you'd like.  The "suggested"Display Name is your first name and last initial, but it must be at least six characters (excluding spaces), so "Jim A" wouldn't work.  That is certainly not a hard and fast rule, as you can see from some of the Display Names you see... Hotrod, Hypoxia, etc...  You are free to change it to anything you like, so long as it's not vulgar or offensive (not that anyone on here would, but in this day and age I have to say that...)

Thanks for the help. i know I am new and I guess i have some trust issues. I appreciate the explanation. The name I'm using is just my first and middle name. On another subject,  I think my picture is too big. I downloaded a program to make my picture smaller if it needs to be. I'll do that shortly or tomorrow.

I tried to find the lens I originally asked about and can't seem to pull them up. I'll try again tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Jim Andrews said:

Thanks for the help. i know I am new and I guess i have some trust issues. I appreciate the explanation. The name I'm using is just my first and middle name. On another subject,  I think my picture is too big. I downloaded a program to make my picture smaller if it needs to be. I'll do that shortly or tomorrow.

I tried to find the lens I originally asked about and can't seem to pull them up. I'll try again tomorrow.

Your middle name is Andrews??