Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was lucky and found a omega 1 topper for my 01 Monaco Dynasty, the original owners tore it off and never replaced it.  When it got here it’s missing the left spring, it appears the right one is good and holds tension. Where would I go to fine a spring,? I doubt the salvage yard will find me on. Second question has anyone dyed there fabric on a topper?  This one is tan and all the others on the coach are dark green. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

My bedroom topper only has one spring. 

A gust of wind broke it ~4 years ago and I had to replace. 

If you do need one you might contact Talin, they do sell them.

I didn’t figure it would roll up right without both of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The spring in my large topper over the living room slide broke last year (actually the retaining rivet broke) and had to replace, only one spring in that one to.

Edited by jacwjames
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sg47619 said:

I didn’t figure it would roll up right without both of them. 

 

3 hours ago, jacwjames said:

The spring in my large topper over the living room slide broke last year (actually the retaining rivet broke) and had to replace, only one spring in that one to.

Thanks I contacted a company and they told me it only has one spring. Thanks for responding. I’m a very new newbie to this Motorhome world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sg47619 said:

 

Thanks I contacted a company and they told me it only has one spring. Thanks for responding. I’m a very new newbie to this Motorhome world. 

Not a problem, when I was new I had lots of questions and all were answered on this forum or others.

You in the right place to get answers so don't be afraid to ask questions.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Not a problem, when I was new I had lots of questions and all were answered on this forum or others.

You in the right place to get answers so don't be afraid to ask questions.

 

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FYI

The Omega I assembly has one spring located on the right.

The Omega II assembly has one spring located on the left. Both assemblies can be double sprung if the owner prefers. Talin RV stocks all Carefree springs and keeps an abundance of springs in inventory. They have one of the nations largest inventories of these springs along with various parts including the Omega question mark arms and locks. They are the only aftermarket manufacturer of these arms and locks and both are beefier then the OEM parts.

History info: The Omega II was used in only one model year by Monaco which was 2003. It was not used on Diplomats or those coaches below a Dip. We double spring most Omega II assemblies because of the weight of the outside aluminum cover. In the 2004 model year Monaco went to all SOK II assemblies as Carefree discontinued the Omega II at the end of 2003. Country Coach was the only manufacturer to continue to use the Omega II after 2003 and used them throughout the 2005 model years. CC bought out all of the remaining inventory of Carefree's Omega II's. That is why you see CC coaches with the Omega II assemblies.

Monaco has always followed Carefree's model year manufacturing. 2005 was the last year for the SOK II assembly. Monaco transitioned to the SOK III assembly part way through the 2006 model year.

Hope this info helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, throgmartin said:

FYI

The Omega I assembly has one spring located on the right.

The Omega II assembly has one spring located on the left. Both assemblies can be double sprung if the owner prefers. Talin RV stocks all Carefree springs and keeps an abundance of springs in inventory. They have one of the nations largest inventories of these springs along with various parts including the Omega question mark arms and locks. They are the only aftermarket manufacturer of these arms and locks and both are beefier then the OEM parts.

History info: The Omega II was used in only one model year by Monaco which was 2003. It was not used on Diplomats or those coaches below a Dip. We double spring most Omega II assemblies because of the weight of the outside aluminum cover. In the 2004 model year Monaco went to all SOK II assemblies as Carefree discontinued the Omega II at the end of 2003. Country Coach was the only manufacturer to continue to use the Omega II after 2003 and used them throughout the 2005 model years. CC bought out all of the remaining inventory of Carefree's Omega II's. That is why you see CC coaches with the Omega II assemblies.

Monaco has always followed Carefree's model year manufacturing. 2005 was the last year for the SOK II assembly. Monaco transitioned to the SOK III assembly part way through the 2006 model year.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the reply. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The spring on the Omega II on my '03 Windsor is starting to get a little weak.  How tough is it to replace the original spring and install the second spring?  Talin RV onlys shows the LH spring.  Mine still works but sounds like a summer project.

Mike 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not hard to replace other then being up in the air.  When I replaced the one on my bedroom slide I worked out of the bucket on my tractor.  When I replaced the one on my living room slide I worked off of scaffolding. 

Not sure how the experts do it but what I found was that if I installed the spring into the tube and then disconnected the arm off the side of the slide I could use it to rotate the spring to the recommended tension, can't remember how my turns for either spring but it was relatively easy to do.  Then just attach the arm back to the side of the slide. 

The springs over time do get week and corroded but you could take a chance and adding a turn to the spring and see if it helps the tension.  This isn't recommended but other then time you have nothing to loose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...