Fuel Tank Bay Door - No lock on Driver's Side

We've owned our Dynasty Diamond IV for a little over a year & I just realized the bay door (not the little fuel-fill door, the bay door) for the fuel tank on the driver's side has no locking mechanism in the latch. The passenger side does. In fact, it's the only bay door on the coach without a lock. Why in the world wouldn't they put a lock in that door?!!!! What's more, can I order a handle/lock assembly & have it keyed to the other locks?

Thanks!

Thanks Ivan K! Yep, there's a LPG tank in there! Totally curious why they'd bother to put a lock on the other side of the little fuel-fill door. That makes absolutely no sense - unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible)!

I can't disagree. I suppose it came up in regards to diesel theft? I only have passenger side fill and it has a lock but seriously, would that stop anyone from prying it open? They can get through the usual obstacles and cause even more damage doing it.

I think it's a vehicle code thing, have to be able to get to the LPG valve, must be "readily available" in order to shut tank off during a leak.  Supposed to be off while in motion anyway, but that's the reason no lock on that side.  We store the coach at the house, otherwise I'd put a locking cap on the fuel tank.

Woody MIller

09 Dynasty