Diesel Rationing?

Moan about fuel pricing all you want.  What happens when you can't get fuel?  My DW, the all-knowing orb, has been telling be about NE diesel stations shutting down for lack of diesel. 
This was posted Friday, May 13th -

Diesel rationing could hit East Coast this summer, refinery owner says

Imagine taking a multi-month trip to a far-away destination and not being able to return?

- bob

Hi Bob, that started last week in Northwest Arkansas of all places. I have a Navy buddy that runs a trucking company, his drivers were reporting “no diesel available”  in the am. So, now their drivers fuel up every night and so far, so good. 

They were fueling up at a Loves, Pilot, and Petro for what it is worth. I’m sure the smaller gas stations had fuel. 

Nick

30 minutes ago, cbr046 said:
Moan about fuel pricing all you want.  What happens when you can't get fuel?  My DW, the all-knowing orb, has been telling be about NE diesel stations shutting down for lack of diesel. 
This was posted Friday, May 13th -

Diesel rationing could hit East Coast this summer, refinery owner says

Imagine taking a multi-month trip to a far-away destination and not being able to return?

- bob

I am currently in VT. No signs of any shortage at $6.39/gal and no signs of shortages on trip here from Florida last week, but had to use both pockets.

That being said the price of regular went up .20 over the weekend here to $4.79/Gal,  Diesel remained the same for now.

The City of Portland is trying to shutdown the states largest UP rail oil terminal. Serves Washington State, Oregon, and California. The oil barge companies working on the Columbia River are now being targeted. No more dirty oil, ride a bike  is the hippie chant.  Activist successfully shutdown the largest power plant in the state last year after PGE had invested 100's of millions in clean air upgrades. Cost of electricity is going thru the roof here. Ratepayers are footing bill. Same for natural gas. The developer of the Jordan Cove Project, permit revoked after a 10 year struggle, stated that the company had no intention of ever investing in new energy infrastructure in the United States in the future. Going overseas. Who is surprised?

• Like 1