New wet cell batteries

WayneC

I had 4 wet cell duracell golf cart batteries and just switched them out with another brand wet cell golf cart batteries.gauge inside coach says 16 volts,all DC power works inside, turn to inverter and I get an error code hibat/stop charging,checked and double checked that I connected everything the same as it was,had it written down on paper,any ideas,really need inverter off grid for a while

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

43 minutes ago, WayneC said:

I had 4 wet cell duracell golf cart batteries and just switched them out with another brand wet cell golf cart batteries.gauge inside coach says 16 volts,all DC power works inside, turn to inverter and I get an error code hibat/stop charging,checked and double checked that I connected everything the same as it was,had it written down on paper,any ideas,really need inverter off grid for a while

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

Remove them.  QUICKLY.  You put in the 8 VOLT GC batteries.  Hopefully you did not damage anything.  There are two styles of GC batteries and they have the same dimensions, I think.  One is a 6 VDC….like we use….that goes into a 36 VDC system.  The GC shops say that you can safely run TWO 8VDC with FOUR 6 VDC…but add another and you blow things up.

Curiosity got to me.  The 6VDC GC battery and the 8VDC GC battery are within fractions of an inch of each other…so they drop right in and fit.  The difference, assuming they have vent caps, is that the 8 has FOUR caps and the 6 has THREE.  

The ones that you have are the WRONG VOLTAGE.  TURN OFF the battery disconnect and pull both jumpers until you can remove them.

Good Luck.  Let us know if anything got fried.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WayneC said:

Thanks Tom,I double checked and they are 6 volt, 3 caps on top,does the inverter  need a  reboot?

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

NOT TO TALK DOWN...but make sure that the batteries are in place properly.  The RED Positive Cable will go to the Positive Terminal, typically the BACK bank....  Then THAT battery's NEGATIVE will be jumpered with a short cable to the POSITIVE of the second one in that bank.  That Second one has the BIG Negative Cable attached.

OK...then there are TWO jumpers also on the back TWO Terminals....each go to the SECOND row or Bank...

Check THAT.  If it is OK, then you will have to read your Xantrex Manual as to HOW to do a RESET. Make sure you know whether all AC power is supposed to be OFF.  Magnum says PULL ALL AC power.  You will also have to cover the Solar panel if you have one or removed the TWO charging Fuses that connect the Controller to BOTH your House and Chassis Batteries....covering is easier than finding those suckers.

Do the RESET....and see what happens....

As LONG as the batteries say 6 VDC, then you are OK, but I can't explain WHY you would have 16 VDC on your remote.... 

Just to let everyone know, Tom is a rock star !!! I did a double check because everything went sideways today and they sold me 8 volt batteries,note to self you have to do everything yourself and or use our site for proper direction I.e. guys like Tom.

They are bringing me the batteries, no damage to the inverter, it is off,only the fridge is running on propane and all other items are turned off.

Thanks again Tom,I thought I was crazy,I know I hooked them up correctly, even had the MD double che k my work,she is way smarter then me

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

16 minutes ago, WayneC said:

Just to let everyone know, Tom is a rock star !!! I did a double check because everything went sideways today and they sold me 8 volt batteries,note to self you have to do everything yourself and or use our site for proper direction I.e. guys like Tom.

They are bringing me the batteries, no damage to the inverter, it is off,only the fridge is running on propane and all other items are turned off.

Thanks again Tom,I thought I was crazy,I know I hooked them up correctly, even had the MD double che k my work,she is way smarter then me

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

For those of you that are Jesus Christ SuperStar fans and have seen the NBC Live version or bought the CD....I will video my "Alice Cooper" clip of that....and if you don't understand....forget it...

Thanks for the compliment.  I am merely a Back Up singer...we have a LOT of the STARS...here.

Glad it was FIXED.  Hope nothing went wrong. I can TELL YOU about a Walmart that installed NEW batteries for a customer on an upscale Dynasty or above. They put in their PREMIUM STARTING/DEEP CYLCE batteries.  OPPS...no one told the techs to LOOK. They put in the 12 VDC's and fried a LOT of stuff.  Our Buddies at M&M spent weeks reprogramming the CPU for the Multiplex system.

SO...you are good to go....Good Luck...

1 hour ago, WayneC said:

I didn't think an absorption fridge would run on propane without having 12v connected?

Just to clarify, it will not without power,I already had the 8 volt batteries connected, inverter was off so I just left the fridge on so that all the food would not spoil while I waited for the company to bring out the correct batteries, they were really embarrassed, I didn't even give them their other batteries back,I told them when I get time,their response, no problem,we are all good now, have to watch everything and everyone now days.

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser