Cummins ISM Alternator belt pulley

Guest mu2drvr@aol.com

Guest mu2drvr@aol.com

Ivan: I assume this to be the original engine. I am 3rd owner. Unable to read labeling on valve cover, REV gave me the engine serial number. Your diagram part #5 is exactly what I’m looking for.

Ivan: That item is VERY close. Mine has 2524C inside the casting.

C244B604-4BBB-461F-A396-0A2C3EAAD006.png

On 7/20/2022 at 8:05 AM, mu2drvr@aol.com said:

2005 Signature, Cummins ISM. After stopping for the day (Redding CA), discovered alternator belt broken. Further investigation found pulley to right of alternator had seized bearing. Took mount and pulley to Freightliner for bearing replacement. BAD NEWS: when bearing seized it welded the itself to the spindle mount. Also hogged out inside of pulley. Cummins has told me they can't identify these parts as they were provided / installed by Monaco. REV group was unable to access their Monaco system for tech reasons all day, so no help there yet. Freightliner shop told me this mount would be called a 'fan drive" if it were mounted in a truck. You can see on the pulley where a fan would be installed. In the coach application all this pulley does is rout the alternator belt down to the crankshaft. No response yet from salvage yards. What initially looked like a simple repair has turned into a parts sourcing nightmare. Any ideas ??

Thanks,

Steve A

2005 Signature, Cummins ISM

2020 Ford Escape Hybrid

Cummins ISM.jpg

Cummins ISM fan alternator pulley.jpg

Sig Cummins ISM 11 Alternator Belt Route.jpg

Sig CUMMINS ISM 11 Alternator Pulley.jpg

I just got off phone with Cummins on a different matter. Told them about your situation and that part should show up in QuickServe if you have signed up for it. I searched for mine ant it had an exploded view with part numbers. 
I have an 07 EPA 360 HP Cummins.

Guest mu2drvr@aol.com

UPDATE: I have driven the coach into the Medford Oregon area. Cheated the alternator by jumping house batteries to chassis batteries and running generator. Continuing the parts sourcing rodeo. Anyone have a machine shop recommendation in the Medford area? I want to further investigate reworking the original spindle, bearing, and pulley.

Thanks for all suggestions

Steve

Gary: I haven’t signed up for Quickserve. Too late now ??

Steve

3 hours ago, mu2drvr@aol.com said:

UPDATE: I have driven the coach into the Medford Oregon area. Cheated the alternator by jumping house batteries to chassis batteries and running generator. Continuing the parts sourcing rodeo. Anyone have a machine shop recommendation in the Medford area? I want to further investigate reworking the original spindle, bearing, and pulley.

Thanks for all suggestions

Steve

Gary: I haven’t signed up for Quickserve. Too late now ??

Steve

Your in my territory now. Ashland/Medford. My coach is taken care of by Oregon Light Truck and RV.

8632 Crater Lake Hwy
White City OR 97503
1 (541) 830-8005

Maybe they know of a shop.

Guest mu2drvr@aol.com
5 hours ago, Gary M said:

Your in my territory now. Ashland/Medford. My coach is taken care of by Oregon Light Truck and RV.

8632 Crater Lake Hwy
White City OR 97503
1 (541) 830-8005

Maybe they know of a shop.

1st thing Monday. Thanks

Guest mu2drvr@aol.com
On 7/24/2022 at 12:52 PM, Gary M said:

8632 Crater Lake Hwy
White City OR 97503
1 (541) 830-8005

Thanks to Gary M for steer to Oregon Light Truck and RV. They were able to separate the pulley from the frozen bearing. Left it with them to work further to remove frozen bearing from shaft. They will then try to source the bearing and rebuild my original part. Cautiously optimistic …

On 7/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, mu2drvr@aol.com said:

Thanks to Gary M for steer to Oregon Light Truck and RV. They were able to separate the pulley from the frozen bearing. Left it with them to work further to remove frozen bearing from shaft. They will then try to source the bearing and rebuild my original part. Cautiously optimistic …

Excellent!!!!!!

Guest mu2drvr@aol.com

UPDATE … Mon Aug 1st .. Local machine shop has cleaned up the pulley shaft of destroyed frozen bearing remnants. Today I will take pulley and shaft to Neely Bearing in Grants Pass and try to identify an appropriate bearing.

The saga continues …

Steve A

Guest mu2drvr@aol.com

CONCLUSION (I hope): All reassembled with new bearing and alternator belt thanks to on-site assistance and Monacoers support. Tomorrow a 150 mile road test, should be end of story.

Thanks to all who provided ideas, encouragement, and extra eyes / muscle.

Steve A