Convection Microwave Oven

I have had the same GE profile performance sensor convection oven since the coach was new,finally blew up this evening,I was looking at the new Ge stove top quick microwave Oven,pretty pricey but the new technology is impressive, the old ones measurements are 30" w,16" height and 13"depth. Anyone have something they would like to share.

Thanks 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

Thanks guys

I had the panel off last night,could not find the fuse,will look in there again this morning,I went back and was reading the other treads under Microwave convection oven,will go back and read it again with coffee in hand

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

I don’t know what your exact symptoms are but my Sharp just stopped working…..no power at all. I did a lot of research and found that the capacitor was the culprit a majority of the time. Since it was fairly inexpensive I replaced it which involved taking the unit down but wasn’t that bad. It has worked fine since. There was a small internal  fuse that blew originally that I had to replace as well. Convection ovens along with everything else has gotten quite pricey.

Thanks Mike 

Little Coffee this morning and I managed to track down the fuse going to try a few places today to see if I can get the correct one,during the research I see the importance of having the correct fuse,it is also written on a warning label inside,wondering if it would be safe to say that if it is a GE fuse same style and all is the numbers are different,being 20 some years old. 

Thanks 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

I called a distributor yesterday and he looked up the number came up unavailable ,they have other fuses for different models,going to call GE directly when they open.

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

I have helped 5 or 6 people with this fuse problem on their microwaves, I always go to HD or Lowes and get a fuse that is marked "MICROWAVE FUSE" and it has worked just fine. Seems like no one believes that there is a fuse inside, but I prove them wrong every time. One microwave had two fuses inside.

I believe you, I spoke with GE parts department,every knowledgeable,they have all the cross references for all fuses and thermostat and so on, interesting that the Microwave could hold and a charge of 240 for up to 2 weeks even when unplugged, I know someone mentioned it in another thread just thought it would be a good reminder.

Thanks 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

6 hours ago, WayneC said:

I believe you, I spoke with GE parts department,every knowledgeable,they have all the cross references for all fuses and thermostat and so on, interesting that the Microwave could hold and a charge of 240 for up to 2 weeks even when unplugged, I know someone mentioned it in another thread just thought it would be a good reminder.

Thanks 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

That's the capacitor, and if your new microwave slow blow fuse blows again (buy 2 or 3), the capacitor failed is the next place to look.