Low Coolant Light and Chime

The DW and I took my daughter and granddaughter too South Padre Island for the weekend.  Started the MH up and as usual the low coolant light and chime came on.  This is not unusual, it usually stops after air builds up and we get moving.  This weekend, while going and coming, the light and chime would come on.  Whenever we would slow down or at idle the light and chime would start.  Then they would start at odd times and stop.  Once they came on and when we rounded a curve and the road was at a slight angle they stopped.  Checked the coolant level, coolant is topped up.  Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.  God Bless, Ed & Sylvia 

Guest Ray Davis

Have you done any work on the cooling system so that air may be trapped somewhere?    In yrs past I have seen that in cars and when revving the engine I could see the coolant go down, sometimes way down.

Anyway,  I might start by taking the coolant sensor out & cleaning or replacing

Ed,

my 02 Diplomat does the same.

I replaced the overflow tank and sensor and it still does the same. I’m told that there is a circuit board that controls the light, but it is buried inside the dash. I am not going into that rats nest of wires behind the dash! 
I now check the level every time we stop for fuel and I also have the scan gauge watching the temperature 

43 minutes ago, vito.a said:

Is your coolant level probe the round aluminum rod that screws into the top of the overflow bottle?  If so, you need to remove it and clean it with some steel wool.  

That's what I have to do with mine a couple times a year.

11 hours ago, vito.a said:

Is your coolant level probe the round aluminum rod that screws into the top of the overflow bottle?  If so, you need to remove it and clean it with some steel wool.  

No, I have a new aluminum tank with a sight glass and the new Ford type sensor.

Ray and Cliff thanks for the replies.  That darned chime is a PITA.  Haven't done any work on the coolant system and the gauge shows the temp around 180-190.  Not afraid to go into the rats nest as I have completely rebuilt the dash with black walnut.  Also replaced all the ground bus bars under the dash.  Soooo it's anybodys guess as to what is going on.  Think I will post this on irv2 also.  God Bless ya'll, Ed &n Sylvia

Vito, you da man.  Took the sensor out of the tank and chucked it up in a drill press.  Polished it up real nice and putty.  Installed it back in the cooplant tank and no more light or chime.  Yeah God is good!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to reply to the post.  God Bless Ed & Sylvia