2004 diplomat replacement rear air bag

Been awhile since I have posted but want to congradulate all who designed this new site,I am on the learning curve! Was wondering if any one has any immediate suggestions on replacing rear air bags on 040'Dip-PDQ,ie best price ,availability,and any comments on preferance of Firestone(originals) or Continentals. This is my first failing bag,is it advisable I would assume to replace in pairs? Please advise,it appears from initial research Continentals are approx $30 lessper bag...any down side been experienced by  going to continentals? What is fair price for labor or time to change out? Thanks in advance for all the help! I am looking to replace the two behind the axle.

AB1DK20D-8897 1 Air Bag AB1DK20D-8897  This is the part number I got from Van Horn Trucking.

Van Horn Truck Parts Inc.

100 South Street Rochester, MI 48307 248-651-2238

Was $130 plus shipping

Fit my 2006 Monaco Camelot 8 air bag side radiator Roadmaster Chassis

Ron

2006 Camelot

Thankx for the imput Ron. How many bags did you replace and what brand were they? I found a place called Truckland Trailer.Parts out of Nebraska for $120.00 for Continental Bags and $153 for Firestone plus shipping. ike stated he's sold more than 50 continental bags since January this year no complaints,he claims quality is comparable so I opted forwo Continentals! According to what I was able to get on web these were the best buy.

Bruce Crocker

2004 Diplomat 40'PDQ

Bruce

I only bought one to carry as a spare.  Mine looked OK at the last inspection I had.

Not sure what brand but my guess is they are all the same just private label form whom ever makes them.

Ron

2006 Camelot

• 3 years later...

Don"t know if this post is being monitored, but I need to replace my Air Bags on a 2002 Diplomat, 3 slide unit, 32,000 GVWR. All of mine are Firestone W01-358-9376 as far as I can tell. Parts List does not have a listing for 2002 Diplomats. But, it has 3 slides and I suppose weight distribution might call for all bags to be 9376 types. Had one bag replaced on rear, and all seem to have same Bellows No. 1T15L-2. And I noticed that some of the bags are using a non-metallic base. any thoughts as to what base might need to be used?