Tag axle pressure setting

DZZippy

Hi to all,

This forum has been tremendous and we definitely have the best coaches out there. Only problem is we have had technology advancements leaving us in the dust or obsolete entirely. 

Anyway,

im looking for the tag axle pressure setting. While Im fully aware that I need to weigh, does anyone have a clue what it was factory? I just need a starting / beginning point to a 124mi trip to the nearest Certified / reliable scales. I’m looking for fellow 05 Imperial owners specifically as I have not found info specific to my coach when searching here.

Lastly, has anyone eliminated the Firestone / Inteli Ride and found a suitable replacement?

I've seen 35 and40 psi numbers but no idea if that is across all year and model tag axle rigs. Just don't go too high without weighing because increasing the tag weight (higher air pressure) increases the load on the front axle and that's the closest to maxing out. Hope this helps

2 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

I've seen 35 and40 psi numbers but no idea if that is across all year and model tag axle rigs. Just don't go too high without weighing because increasing the tag weight (higher air pressure) increases the load on the front axle and that's the closest to maxing out. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

I would use 40psi and go from there when you get a chance to run it over a scale.

Thank you

Weigh the coach. Four , or Six corner weight is the best, but single axle weights will be OK too. Fuel and water full. Black and grey tanks empty with your stuff on board. CAT scales at many truck stops. Tell the clerk you want to weigh a coach. There is an intercom at the scale so you can communicate with the clerk. There will be -3- platforms for -3- axles. Steer axle on the  first, Drive on the second, and if applicable, Tag on the third. Get the print out from the clerk. IF you have a tag axle, you may have to adjust your DOWN pressure to move weight as needed, and after adjusting your down pressure on the tag, REWEIGH the coach.  Now go to YOUR tire Mfg. inflation charts for the correct COLD inflation.
Tire Inflation Tables
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Paul A. said:
Weigh the coach. Four , or Six corner weight is the best, but single axle weights will be OK too. Fuel and water full. Black and grey tanks empty with your stuff on board. CAT scales at many truck stops. Tell the clerk you want to weigh a coach. There is an intercom at the scale so you can communicate with the clerk. There will be -3- platforms for -3- axles. Steer axle on the  first, Drive on the second, and if applicable, Tag on the third. Get the print out from the clerk. IF you have a tag axle, you may have to adjust your DOWN pressure to move weight as needed, and after adjusting your down pressure on the tag, REWEIGH the coach.  Now go to YOUR tire Mfg. inflation charts for the correct COLD inflation.
Tire Inflation Tables

Thanks Paul. 

5 hours ago, Paul A. said:
Tire Inflation Tables

Good advice.  I would add that if you have a tag axle coach, you want to remain in travel mode.  So keep the engine running to stay in travel mode. 

If you shut off the engine, the air suspension valving will combine the DS tag airbag with the DS drive airbags and the same on the PS.  This would usually result false axle weight readings.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

Good advice.  I would add that if you have a tag axle coach, you want to remain in travel mode.  So keep the engine running to stay in travel mode. 

If you shut off the engine, the air suspension valving will combine the DS tag airbag with the DS drive airbags and the same on the PS.  This would usually result false axle weight readings.

Great idea