Radiant Floor Issue

Now that the weather has gotten colder in the Midwest, I have turned on my radiant floor but only the rear section is working. The from controller shows it is on but the floor is cold. I checked the breaker and it is not tripped. We have not removed any floor tiles and there are no breaks in the floor tiles. Not sure how to trouble shoot this but would welcome any tips or hints you might offer. When the heating system in in the heat mode the front thermostat shows the three squiggly line Sybil to indicate the floor heat is on but that does not occur for the front zone. 

Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty 

42 minutes ago, thomasgibbens said:

Now that the weather has gotten colder in the Midwest, I have turned on my radiant floor but only the rear section is working. The from controller shows it is on but the floor is cold. I checked the breaker and it is not tripped. We have not removed any floor tiles and there are no breaks in the floor tiles. Not sure how to trouble shoot this but would welcome any tips or hints you might offer. When the heating system in in the heat mode the front thermostat shows the three squiggly line Sybil to indicate the floor heat is on but that does not occur for the front zone. 

Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty 

By any chance, do you have a more complete set of wiring diagrams for your coach?  The schematics we have don't include the 120 volt system.  My hunch is that you have an Intellitec Automatic Energy Select Switch module that has gone bad but I don't know if these were used in your 2015 Dynasty.

32 minutes ago, DrDon4u said:

I'm having the kinda the same problem, but I have not power going to either control panels. The front panel would light up every time I plugged in, the back panel very seldom. Now neither panel lights up. Anyone know what to check?

Don, on your coach you likely have a failed AESS unit.  These are typically located at the bottom of the cabinet where the house multiplex system is located.

124754.jpeg

124734.jpeg

10 hours ago, DrDon4u said:

Thank you Frank. I will check it out. Don

You're welcome.  The easy way to find out which of the AESS modules is the problem module, is to turn off the circuit breaker on the electric radiant heat unit that isn't working.  Then, when you use a non-contact AC probe, all 3 wires on that module will not show power.  Verify by turning on the power and two of the wires will show AC power on that module. 

Now you have a choice - replace the module or bypass by internally connecting all 3 black wires together and all 3 white wires together (the 3 ground wires are already connected together) and remember not to use the same two devices on that breaker at the same time. If you make a mistake, you will trip the breaker.

If you don't have one, here is a link to a $20 non-contact AC tester from Home Depot.  A very handy tool that I always keep in my tool belt.  I'm sure you can find them at other big box stores and on the jungle web site.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Non-Contact-Voltage-Tester-Pen-50-to-1000V-AC-NCVT1PR/317460355?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&&mtc=SHOPPING-RM-RMP-GGL-D27-027_011_TOOLS_ACC-NA-KLEIN_TOOLS-NA-SMART-NA-NA-MK495473330-9016864402-NBR-1927-CON-NA-FY22_1927_RM2&cm_mmc=SHOPPING-RM-RMP-GGL-D27-027_011_TOOLS_ACC-NA-KLEIN_TOOLS-NA-SMART-NA-NA-MK495473330-9016864402-NBR-1927-CON-NA-FY22_1927_RM2-71700000083602792-58700007073070013-92700063677501837&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnbmaBhD-ARIsAGTPcfW7x_r7d5L9rEqGLEITFad-y9MvvHgPpr0q2CtoNAfokEo8giZYph8aAkdlEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds