2023 Tampa RV Show - Anyone going?

Russell

I hope this is in the right spot. I searched and can't find a thread on this topic for the upcoming show in January.
Is anyone attending? 
Any tips for how to get the most from the show? 
Anything specific you enjoyed viewing while there? 

Would like to meet some of you there. 

We have attended the Tampa RV Super Show every year for the past twenty years. It is a five day event and  involves a lot of walking. Lots of Vendors, Manufacturers and Merchants present and RV's, Motor Homes and Coaches to look at. It can take you up to at least three days just to walk around and look at all that is on display at the show. Not to mention it can take a hit in your wallet when you see all the stuff for sale that may perk your interest.

We stay at Lazydays RV resort which is only 10 minutes from the show. There are other parks also in the area. You can also camp at the show.

Once you attend you will be hooked to return.

34 minutes ago, David Pratt said:

We have attended the Tampa RV Super Show every year for the past twenty years. It is a five day event and  involves a lot of walking. Lots of Vendors, Manufacturers and Merchants present and RV's, Motor Homes and Coaches to look at. It can take you up to at least three days just to walk around and look at all that is on display at the show. Not to mention it can take a hit in your wallet when you see all the stuff for sale that may perk your interest.

We stay at Lazydays RV resort which is only 10 minutes from the show. There are other parks also in the area. You can also camp at the show.

Once you attend you will be hooked to return.

Nice. Thanks. We've never been before, but it seems like fun. I have been to the show for a day, but never staying on the grounds. What are they charging at LazyDays these days? I'll wager it's not any cheaper than staying right at the Fairgrounds. I've always found LazyDays to be rather overpriced, but my family owned a campground that was clean/nice and had reasonable rates. 

BTW, I signed up for the rally through Monaco Travelers. I think they still have spots. 

4 hours ago, Russell said:

Nice. Thanks. We've never been before, but it seems like fun. I have been to the show for a day, but never staying on the grounds. What are they charging at LazyDays these days? I'll wager it's not any cheaper than staying right at the Fairgrounds. I've always found LazyDays to be rather overpriced, but my family owned a campground that was clean/nice and had reasonable rates. 

BTW, I signed up for the rally through Monaco Travelers. I think they still have spots. 

Russell,  Did you sign up for the Monaco Gathering in February or the Facebook Monaco Owners rally at the Tampa Fairgrounds in January?  Lazydays is charging $75/night (+tax).  I believe camping at the fairgrounds is dry camping.  One day admission gets you a free pass for the second day and you do get a little discount ordering your tickets online ahead of time and that allows you to skip the long line.  If they haven't raised the cost, parking at the fairgrounds is $8.

It is probably one of the best RV shows in the country. I have been a vendor there for several years. In 2023 I will not have a booth as I cannot afford to have staff out of the office for that week. It also does us no good speaking with people about service while we are running a back log on appointments. Also, for a vendor, it is one very expensive show to attend. One of the most expensive in the country. Dave Pratt can tell you all about the hidden charges as he used to do airshows for his company. They charge for temporary ( used ) carpet inside your booth. They charge to vacuum it at night. They charge for wastebaskets. They charge for tables. They charge for table top covers. They charge for chairs. If you have even a small box shipped directly to the show they charge to receive it. If you use a golf cart they make you buy a license for the show to use it. Vendors get nickel and dimed to death there. Remember this when you try and strike a bargain with a small vendor. They paid a small fortune to be there. They also have seen their margins shrink on products due to the economy.

Typically, manufacturers send their best people and power players to this show. You can gain a lot of good information on components and products. It can get crowded as they put 80,000 people through that show in a couple days. I always like to look over the new RV's to stay on top of the technology and new products. It also gives me time to check on changes some of the manufacturers have made in regards to slide topper and awning assemblies not to mention slide components and systems.

I enjoy touring the new coaches as well. I always leave and go back to my coach and thank God I own a 2005 and not a new coach. The build quality today is pitiful. 😞 If you have never been to the Tampa show I encourage you to attend. Like Dave said, take a full wallet with you or a credit card. You will undoubtedly see something you cannot live without. 🙂

15 hours ago, Mike H said:

Russell,  Did you sign up for the Monaco Gathering in February or the Facebook Monaco Owners rally at the Tampa Fairgrounds in January?  Lazydays is charging $75/night (+tax).  I believe camping at the fairgrounds is dry camping.  One day admission gets you a free pass for the second day and you do get a little discount ordering your tickets online ahead of time and that allows you to skip the long line.  If they haven't raised the cost, parking at the fairgrounds is $8.

January is the one we got. Pricing seems about the same. We paid $280 to stay right down in the action. Entry every day is included, plus breakfast and a couple of bands in the evening. It is pretty dry, only 30amp, no water/sewer, but for 4 days, I think we'll be fine. Plus, in January, it's not like I'll be running the ACs, although we might need the heat!  🙂  We've never done a rally or meetup with a group, so I thought it would be fun. 

1 hour ago, throgmartin said:

It is probably one of the best RV shows in the country. I have been a vendor there for several years. In 2023 I will not have a booth as I cannot afford to have staff out of the office for that week. It also does us no good speaking with people about service while we are running a back log on appointments. Also, for a vendor, it is one very expensive show to attend. One of the most expensive in the country. Dave Pratt can tell you all about the hidden charges as he used to do airshows for his company. They charge for temporary ( used ) carpet inside your booth. They charge to vacuum it at night. They charge for wastebaskets. They charge for tables. They charge for table top covers. They charge for chairs. If you have even a small box shipped directly to the show they charge to receive it. If you use a golf cart they make you buy a license for the show to use it. Vendors get nickel and dimed to death there. Remember this when you try and strike a bargain with a small vendor. They paid a small fortune to be there. They also have seen their margins shrink on products due to the economy.

Typically, manufacturers send their best people and power players to this show. You can gain a lot of good information on components and products. It can get crowded as they put 80,000 people through that show in a couple days. I always like to look over the new RV's to stay on top of the technology and new products. It also gives me time to check on changes some of the manufacturers have made in regards to slide topper and awning assemblies not to mention slide components and systems.

I enjoy touring the new coaches as well. I always leave and go back to my coach and thank God I own a 2005 and not a new coach. The build quality today is pitiful. 😞 If you have never been to the Tampa show I encourage you to attend. Like Dave said, take a full wallet with you or a credit card. You will undoubtedly see something you cannot live without. 🙂

So many great points there. I too look for tech and modifications, accessories and go to learn. We have an '03 and you're right, they don't build 'em like that anymore. Seems like a great example of suppy and demand. The fair grounds can charge ridiculous fees because they've been allowed to get away with it. If they vendors got together and stood up to them, they'd end up with a pitiful show, the attendance would go down and they'd have to rethink they're wallet-sucking strategies. It's the same at the gun show. (at the fairgrounds, it's a great one) I used to go to many of them, but they kept raising the prices, and I'm sure did the same with the vendors, so I rarely go anymore. Better deals at smaller shows. It would be interesting to know if it's the same with the RV shows. It has been my philosophy for a very long time that people vote with their dollar. Stop giving it to people and organizations that seem to hate you and either they go away or they learn the lesson. (Whoa...got off on a rant there.) Anyway, I'm excited to go and be at ground zero to see what it's about.