WANTED : KENWOOD KVT-M700 monitor/receiver

Mike H

The screen for my Aladdin display has died and am needing a working replacement.  I have a 'spare' but it's locked and I don't have the 4 digit code to unlock it plus the screen needs to be calibrated and the numbers don't match up with the keypad display so I can't even enter all of the numbers even if I had them.  I have contacted KENWOOD but they are of no help, just said they don't support it anymore and have no replacement models I could even upgrade to.   Has anyone tried to replace just the monitor screen?  Don't know if the monitor on the 'locked' receiver could be swapped over to the one with the dead monitor.

20190121_121800.jpg

I have added additional (larger) monitors to the Aladdin System.  I'm not sure what all the functions of the Kenwood you are referring to, since mine was replaced by a previous owner.  But as far as the Aladdin signals, they are just standard Composite Video (the Yellow RCA Connectors) - nothing fancy - no SVideo or HDMI.  So, for the screen, any LCD display that accepts Composite Video will work.  FIY, there are additional outputs (at least one, possibly two) on the "Aladdin Brain" for additional monitors.  The Cameras feed the Aladdin Brain, which in turns supplies the output(s) for the displays, so this shouldn't affect a replacement screen.  Note that the additional output all are the same, that is, if you select camera with the Aladdin Dash "Mouse", all the displays will show the camera.  You can't have one display show Camera and another show Trip Data, or Engine Data, for example.  I wanted a larger and better positioned display.

-Rick N.

There are guys on ebay that can put a new screen in for you if you send it to them.  I did that to a pioneer touch screen radio I had.  It was only 100.00 to replace the screen.

3 hours ago, Johnny Mo said:

I have One that I took out of my 2007 Sig, you are welcome to it.

I'm interested if it still works.  Would you be able to box it up and ship it?  That would be awesome!  Just let me know how much it will cost.  Are you going to be at The Gathering at Lazydays in February by any chance?  By the way, what did you replace yours with?

2 hours ago, Big Dave said:

There are guys on ebay that can put a new screen in for you if you send it to them.  I did that to a pioneer touch screen radio I had.  It was only 100.00 to replace the screen.

I've searched but can't seem to find anyone.  Do you recall who they are?