Air brake system for flat towing. I have air line to the back wondering what brake system might work?

rustykramermetalfab

21 hours ago, Venturer said:

Without turning the key on, does the peddle go to the floor or engage the brakes? If it engages, the Brake Buddy should work. The toad brake supplier will have a procedure if it's doable. 

On this particular vehicle the brake pedal goes to the floor the first time it is pushed even with the key off.  The next immediate push will get resistance on the pedal.  Then after a while the pedal goes to the floor again.  However the parking brake handle appears to always engage the rear brake shoes.

21 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Search your owners manual throughly.  If it's towable,  ( many vehicles are not )  then info should be in the manual.  Don't take anyones word, find documentation.

It appears that engaging the brakes on some systems would be a problem even if the wheels are disconnected from spinning the transmission.

I have had the Roadmaster on 2 different coaches and 4 different toads.  One toad, a 2006 Ford Escape hybrid, had active power brakes because they were powered electrically.  I changed the 1 1/4" diameter cylinder to a 5/8" diameter cylinder.  This gave the right braking with the active power brakes which is a 4:1 boost.  Roadmaster sells a "regulator" for active systems but it's not proportional, just limits the pressure.  I have talked to their reps. at shows, and they don't understand the difference.

• 4 weeks later...

I read once that any fo the inertia activated brake systems take about two seconds to respond. The average panic stop only last about two seconds. So by the time those systems might activate the event is either avoided or collided. I went with the proportional brakemaster system for that reason