Hydraulic fan at full speed

Go to solution Solved by vito.a,

• 1 month later...

On 9/5/2023 at 9:06 AM, Grey Goose said:

I assume I could convert the Cassapa controller over to a whitehouse products wax valve like people do with other controllers.

If so would a 190 degree temp unit be the right temp range to get? Whitehouse part number - 553/1/09857/190

On 9/5/2023 at 10:17 AM, birdshill123 said:

Call source engineering. I doubt it would work.

I called Source Engineering and talked to Jim. After sharing some photos of how my valved was plumbed he directed me to a place in MI that Jim said has the the valves. But after sharing part numbers of the valve none of the Hydraforce dealers could source a relacement. They indicated it was a propreitary valve made for Monaco and not an off the shelf unit. I could find the the same form factor (size and voltage) but there were various pressure and operating parameters that are unknown.

So what I decided to do was remove the orginal valve from the valve body and install a plug so the fluid would flow as if the valve was open (normal cold operating condition) and the fan stopped running. I then installed a needle valve in series and was able to manually adjust the fan speed. So I ended up ordering a wax valve from Whitehouse and sourced a hose and fittings for the hydraulic lines. I intend to keep the needle valve in series so I can tweak the cold/idle speed and let the wax valve manage the high temp control.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the fan running a full speed all the time and figured out that the controller defaults to full speed if the soleniod is not getting power. In both of my HR 05 and 09 models it was the wire at the harness plug that was the problem. I hard wired around the plug and the problem was solved.

• Like 1