Essex keypad problem

My essex keypad Will not lock baggage or front door. When I push the buttons I hear a beep but the pad does not light up. Check the 2 fuses in the FRB they are good. Tried to reset the code, that did not change anything. When I push and hold the reset button it does the 4 beeps like it should. I replaced the keypad about 4 years ago and it always works great until now. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you Rick.

Rick, I'm having an issue with mine as well. Essex makes the entry systems about a mile from me. I contacted them and they refereed me to a distributor. I may just pay them a visit. Mine got wet during the recent storms and was beeping continuously. I had to unplug the key pad to make it stop. Removing the fuses and reinstalling them did nothing for me either. Bad news is they are about $300, can't find just the keypad. Anyone have a better option?

Have you tried Northwest RV Supply? I have the TriMark keypad and it was doing the same thing. Not unlocking or lighting and then continuously beeping until I unplugged it. I just found a brand new keypad at Northwest for $135. Problem solved. 

the keypad works by grounding various wires on the back of the keypad. When you key 555, it connects the Lock wire to ground. You can test the keypad by jumpering its Lock wire to ground. If the doors lock, then it means that the keypad is your problem.

It could be relays or wiring, but I think it's more likely that the keypad is the issue. When you hit 555 it sends one Lock signal to TWO relays. Since neither of your relays are firing, I think it's likely the Lock signal isn't being sent.

essex2.jpg