RV proflex

Here’s a forum post I read about that  

I use Proflex for different things as a sealant in different colors. Recently ordered a tube of "clear" proflex and didn't think another thing about it. I had used my last "clear" tube and took this new one out to cover a spot - WHOA!! It looked like sparkling crystal glass reflecting the sun, sparkling. I thought what in the world? Looked at the tube closer - CRYSTAL clear proflex - never knew of it. IMO it isn't pretty and have no idea where one would use it so that $25 is in the can and hopefully the next 4 tubes that are supposed to be "clear" will just be CLEAR!! There was recently a conversation about this product so just wanted to make sure someone else didn't make a mistake like I did.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Sibley said:

Here’s a forum post I read about that  

I use Proflex for different things as a sealant in different colors. Recently ordered a tube of "clear" proflex and didn't think another thing about it. I had used my last "clear" tube and took this new one out to cover a spot - WHOA!! It looked like sparkling crystal glass reflecting the sun, sparkling. I thought what in the world? Looked at the tube closer - CRYSTAL clear proflex - never knew of it. IMO it isn't pretty and have no idea where one would use it so that $25 is in the can and hopefully the next 4 tubes that are supposed to be "clear" will just be CLEAR!! There was recently a conversation about this product so just wanted to make sure someone else didn't make a mistake like I did.

@throgmartin

Chris, 

You're the sealant guru.... can you "clear" this up as my thoughts don't "crystalize"

Thanks

Proflex is sold in clear and crystal clear. I believe they came out with the crystal clear a year ago. We have had a lot of availability issues with Proflex over the covid lock down. At one point we were scrounging around the country trying to find the clear. If you ordered that tube off Amazon then they may have screwed up. I just ordered a case of 3M 5200. Someone at Amazons warehouse thought it would be cool to ship them to me one tube at a time over a week time frame. I got 3 boxes the other day and each box contained one tube. No idea what is going on at Amazon but a lot of my orders have been screwed up lately.

When ordering Proflex make sure and study the label carefully and read the Ad as well. I found one ad that advertised Proflex and while the picture showed white the Ad stated it was crystal clear.