New Discovery on My 2006 Dynasty

Dr4Film

In preparation of driving over to Talin RV to have Guardian Plates installed on my two roadside slides, I had started up the Aqua-Hot yesterday and turned on my Samsung fridge this morning. 

I went to test the hot water so I turned on the water pump but had very little pressure at the kitchen sink PLUS I could hear the pump running flat out fast. I quickly turned off the pump and went outside to investigate.

As it turns out, I had inadvertently left the Black Tank Backflush valve in the on position when I had dumped the tanks a few weeks back. So that's why the pump was running flat out on high speed.

I had no idea that you could flush the Black Tank with just the water pump when not hooked to shore water. My Windsor was not plumbed like that.

A future project on my to-do list is to install a Back Flush Kit to my Grey Tank which is adjacent to my Black Tank with a three-way valve so I can choose which tank I want to back flush anytime I want.

I installed exactly the same thing in my Windsor after I had to deal with a clogged grey tank dump valve that was choked up with a bunch of black slimy greasy crap that had accumulated on the sides of the tank over many years of use. Photo is from my previous Windsor.

Back Flush System for Black & Grey Tanks.jpg

I will have to check this out.  Any idea if a 2003 Executive would have this.  I use a sewer tap at the street and my garden hose is not long enough to reach there.  Would love to be able to flush the tank really well while I'm home... instead of doing it when away.

When opening the bay door to where all of my tanks are located and where the Aqua-Hot has been installed too, I have often wondered why there was this extra Blue Pex line plumbed into the Back Flush Pex line that comes from the Vacuum/Back-Flow valve located under the kitchen counter.

Now I know why!

I was just changing my water filters yesterday and noticed that a blue pex line bypassed the filters... perhaps I do have this on mine.  I've got to dump the tanks today... getting ready for a trip to Talladega.  I'm going to see if I can figure this out.

Thanks for the idea!!!!

Jim

On 4/18/2023 at 8:45 AM, Dr4Film said:

In preparation of driving over to Talin RV to have Guardian Plates installed on my two roadside slides, I had started up the Aqua-Hot yesterday and turned on my Samsung fridge this morning. 

I went to test the hot water so I turned on the water pump but had very little pressure at the kitchen sink PLUS I could hear the pump running flat out fast. I quickly turned off the pump and went outside to investigate.

As it turns out, I had inadvertently left the Black Tank Backflush valve in the on position when I had dumped the tanks a few weeks back. So that's why the pump was running flat out on high speed.

I had no idea that you could flush the Black Tank with just the water pump when not hooked to shore water. My Windsor was not plumbed like that.

A future project on my to-do list is to install a Back Flush Kit to my Grey Tank which is adjacent to my Black Tank with a three-way valve so I can choose which tank I want to back flush anytime I want.

I installed exactly the same thing in my Windsor after I had to deal with a clogged grey tank dump valve that was choked up with a bunch of black slimy greasy crap that had accumulated on the sides of the tank over many years of use. Photo is from my previous Windsor.

Back Flush System for Black & Grey Tanks.jpg

Looks like a mod from the PO, including the glue on tank sensor system.  Stock, if there really is such a thing, is rinse on top of black tank only. 

Chuck,

The PO is me who had owned the Windsor for well over 18 years before selling the coach in April of 2022. The Back Flush system was only on the Black Tank, which is on the right side, smaller tank in the photo. I designed and installed the second Back Flush valve on the Grey Tank, larger tank on the left. Since the original Black Tank flushing worked so well, I chose to install the Grey Tank one in the same location.

My current Dynasty has the Black Tank Flush Valve on the top so that's where I plan to install the Grey Tank Flush Valve when I get to that project.