Rear Ladder - lower section

My Executive has the two piece hinged rear ladder so that the ladder can be moved up or removed in order to gain access to the engine.  The lower section is missing and I'm wondering if anyone has found a source for it?  I think I can just buy one of the newer ladders and modify it to fit, but thought I'd take a shot on here first.  Surely, I'm not the only one that has had to replace this thing.

Jim

I have tried them in the past... not for this particular coach, but they usually will not sell just the ladder.  They want to sell the entire rear cap as one unit.... and that really is an expensive ladder!!!  HaHa.  I will give them a call tomorrow and maybe they will have one they will sell.

You might take a look at one of these. There aren’t many of either in stock but I am considering the newer model. 

Surco 504L Mini Ladder Extension https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GXIWHI/?coliid=IA9UOPZVYNTVB&colid=HIX2LBR8WJOU&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_lsptd_TTTERQVAPQWDQ01MNRZR

OR

Surco A504L Aluminum Mini Ladder Extension https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Z5KDBSF/?coliid=I11A6SYF19N8AU&colid=HIX2LBR8WJOU&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_lsptd_9YF0R8DFMTJKACYR15P3

On 4/30/2023 at 5:50 AM, Just Jim said:

My Executive has the two piece hinged rear ladder so that the ladder can be moved up or removed in order to gain access to the engine.  The lower section is missing and I'm wondering if anyone has found a source for it?  I think I can just buy one of the newer ladders and modify it to fit, but thought I'd take a shot on here first.  Surely, I'm not the only one that has had to replace this thing.

Jim

https://www.strombergcarlson.com/product/la-401-la-401ba-replacement-parts/

On 4/30/2023 at 10:42 AM, Old Dog said:

I use one of these, also much more versatile.

Screenshot_20230430-074123_Chrome.jpg

I just purchased one of these.  Prior to this I had a step ladder, but it takes up too much space and is a pain to get out of the compartment.  I made a test run with this yesterday and it works great to access the top part of the factory ladder.

I don’t know if I can lean this against the windshield to clean the glass, though.  With the step ladder I was able to reach and clean most of the windshield .

45 minutes ago, johncvandoren@gmail.com said:

I have one from my 06 Knight.  It hooks onto the upper ladder (not hinged).  Make me an offer I can’t refuse.🤑

That would be great if you think you can pack it up well enough that it would survive shipping.  I'm in Knoxville, TN if you want to lowerladdermissing.thumb.jpg.d822cfde792220538a5ecc7bfa043954.jpgtry and figure out the shipping cost.  Not really sure what it is worth though.  $100 plus shipping?  It is 48 inches from the pins at the bottom up to the hinges.  The uprights are 10.5 inches on center. 

After reading your message a little more closely... yours is not a hinged version?