Headlight replacement ID or Code

1nolaguy
Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

I'm not sure if this post is in the correct place or not. If it should be moved would the moderators please do so. On of our 2005 Safari Cheetah head lights has gone out and I plan to replace both at the same time since the MH is in storage presently and I will be moving it tomorrow closed to my home for a week of prep work and service. I looked in all the docs I have and can not find a parts number for the lights. I believe they are 7" round but and not sure if that is standard or if it is a item specific to the coach. Can anyone in the group enlighten me? If possible I would like to get the lights on Monday or Tuesday or am I looking at having to order them on line? On a related note: has anyone here replaced these or similar lights with LED's? If so what are your findings having done so?

Thanks Dr4Film. I will check when I get to the RV, which is currently 100 miles away from me in storage. I was just kind of hoping someone in the group might be with their RV with similar round headlights and willing to share the info. 

@1nolaguy I replaced all my exterior lights to LED on my ‘05 cayman last year.  At first I was impressed when I fired them up around dusk to see how they looked and to make sure they worked properly, which they did look good (at dusk) and they did work just fine.  
I do however feel that, other than the top marker lights, they just don’t cut it for visibility during the daytime hours, almost seem a touch less bright than the original incandescent.  I’ve often thought about having the existing lights professionally filled in and installing those really nice round highly visible light bars on each side of the coach, kinda like this:

IMG_0406.jpeg

New bulb holders and replacement OEM lenses and bases are extremely expensive, whereas something like in the picture are super cheap and super bright.  

Brad, I agree. I replaced the OEM incondescent bulbs with LED but they are not as visible in (bright) day light. Yesterday I replaced the 12" bar light above the back access doors. To change the OEM tail lights would require substantial FG work and paint. $$$. Instead I am going to add an LED light strip (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F1PWDP2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1)) just above the doors and below the light bar. I purchased on from Amazon that is 60" long and will signal stopping and also turn signals. It is flexable and mounts using 3M tape for a secure hold. Althoug it is designed to connect using a 4 pin tow connector I am planning to make permanent by by splicing into the existing wiring. I have calculate that by switching from Halogen to LED the current requirement should not exceed the the rating of the wiring. I am also planning to replace the existing running lights with LED fixtures. Hopefully these steps will make us more visible on the road.  As an aside, I also plan to replace the Halogen 7" round head lights with LED 7" round (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NGTQDG8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details)  and am adding 60W LED flood on each side of the tow hitch (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HV68RSJ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1). This is to improve visibility when backing up. It amazes me how little though is given by RV manufactures to these important issues, especially on large units like our 40fter.