Entry door air seal not releasing - 2003 Signature

Gene Y

Air seal will not release when I open the door. This occurs whether engine running or not running. As a consequence I cannot close the door. Have to use the deadbolt to hold it closed. Where should I look to rectify.

Thanks 

Mine has a valve beside the generator that you can pull the hose to release it. I’ve used an air pump on that house to find leaks not sure why yours is not releasing.

583BCCEF-F6BA-480F-A2DB-CD2A12ED748C.jpeg

That hose comes out of my steps.

1 hour ago, Gene Y said:

Air seal will not release when I open the door. This occurs whether engine running or not running. As a consequence I cannot close the door. Have to use the deadbolt to hold it closed. Where should I look to rectify.

Thanks 

Start by understanding and chasing the circuit.  You need to find your prints.  Monaco was always tweaking the circuits.  The logic is this.  Engine ON.  Door closed.  Release parking brake.  Shift into Drive.  Around 5 - 6 MPH, there is a signal to the solenoid up and typically accessible from either up and under the headlight sid of door or from the top or Genny compartment.  There is a pressure regulator that is supposed to be set to around 3 - 4 PSI.  The solenoid is on the door or seal side of the regulator.  The Solenoid (typically) opens and allows the air to flow to the seal.  Thus, it stays pumped up.  The solenoid is a normally closed unit.  When the signal or power goes to it, it opens.

Then the MH slows down.  The signal drops out.  I THINK that when the solenoid valve loses it signal, the valve opens and is drained.  In some cases, there was a second signal or a dump valve.  That was released or opened when the engine as stopped or the parking brake was set.  

OK…. Go to your manual.  There is not any 2003’s in the Monaco files.  Look up entry door in the index.  Here is the 2004 screen dump

Based on the description, this one is transmission controlled.  You should be able to cycle it by following the directions.  Have someone do the shifting and put a gage on the outlet of the solenoid or use your hand or bubble it into a bucket of water.  The Solenoid may be defective.  The simple way.  Disconnect the solenoid and run a test light or 12 VDC Bulb from the wires.  Tape the bulb to the windshield wiper arm or on to the windshield.  Drive….bulb should come on…when you stop, bulb (assuming in park and engine on and tranny in neutral….bulb off.

Good signal..has to be a defective solenoid.  Pull solenoid and cycle with 12 VDC.  

I found  the picture on page 225

IMG_0854.png

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Entry door air seal not releasing - 2003 Signature
18 hours ago, Gene Y said:

Thanks 

So, doing some investigating I found that one of the 2 magnets on the door at the bottom looked a little wonky. Removed it at and could hear a clicking sound in the genny compartment, air released from the seal.  Have re-installed the magnet but have yet to test the system as we are in the process of preparing for a trip. 

Hoping that this will resolve the issue. Will update when I know more. 

Thanks for your suggestions!