Coach Towing (40’ Windsor)

Calling Coach Net today to schedule a tow , I have a large and capable towing company I want to use. I am not on the side of the road so that is not a factor. Any personal experience or suggestions with using CN and picking your own local towing company? I doubt it will be towed on a low boy but with a large wrecker that gets under the front wheels. I know about leaving the key on, the air and driveshaft clocking and removing the mudflap. I will be over seeing the process door to door. I plan on going to the towing company and showing them a picture of the coach. 

Try not to let them talk you into towing from the back if the driver is too lazy to remove the drive shaft. I’ve seen some crazy damage to the backs of RVs from tow trucks.

• Like 1

I used Coach Net to tow my 40ft Diplomat 45 miles to a repair center. The guy did a great job. He towed it from the front, removed the drive shaft, the mud flap, and the tow receiver . He attached a box with tail lights , turn signals and brake lights to the ladder. He asked us to follow him and call if we saw any problems. When we got to the repair center he backed the coach into a parking spot and restored everything back to normal in about 15 minutes.

Bob U 2000 Dip

6 hours ago, Donflem said:

Try not to let them talk you into towing from the back if the driver is too lazy to remove the drive shaft. I’ve seen some crazy damage to the backs of RVs from tow trucks.

They would have to be blooming idiots!

• Like 1