Rockin' Coach

On 6/11/2023 at 3:37 AM, throgmartin said:

Great stuff. What’s the correct procedure for the 3 point system when leaving? 

“ALWAYS extend your slides while at ride height. In other words, as soon as you are parked, extend your slides. Then dump your air ( down to 30 lbs is sufficient ). Then extend your jacks and start leveling. If you have the tri-pod jack system, always extend your front jack first.”

• Like 1

We only have hydraulic jacks,2 up front and 2 at the rear (no airbags on the gas coaches, that I know of).  
I have found that I need to get the wheels as level as I can using large planks. Then I can level the coach quite easily, doing it manually. If I do not get the tires onto blocks first then the leveling system, (auto or manual) tends to lift one rear jack off the ground (or blocks) and will not stabilize the coach. Very irritating. Front and back is not a problem but side to side is and only the rear jacks will correct a low side with dome twisting of the frame. 
one other thing I find is that the coach is stable for about a week and then becomes somewhat unstable, requiring some relevelling. 
I have no magical solutions but hoping someone has advice. 

I had a similar situation on a 4 jack Southwind Storm.... level side to side and one rear jack would stay up........ I used to ram wedges under it.. that fixed it.

I'm hoping to get my 'ride vavle' fixed on my Cheetah and hopefully that will fix the rear end.

L

2 hours ago, Martinvz said:

We only have hydraulic jacks,2 up front and 2 at the rear (no airbags on the gas coaches, that I know of).  
I have found that I need to get the wheels as level as I can using large planks. Then I can level the coach quite easily, doing it manually. If I do not get the tires onto blocks first then the leveling system, (auto or manual) tends to lift one rear jack off the ground (or blocks) and will not stabilize the coach. Very irritating. Front and back is not a problem but side to side is and only the rear jacks will correct a low side with dome twisting of the frame. 
one other thing I find is that the coach is stable for about a week and then becomes somewhat unstable, requiring some relevelling. 
I have no magical solutions but hoping someone has advice. 

Our leveling system acts the exact same way as yours, Martin.