Cannot shift into drive or reverse

3 hours ago, dennis.mcdonaugh said:

Our 2000 Dynasty charges both battery banks when plugged into shore power. Some models do and some don’t. 

I wish ours did.  Our start batteries only charge off the alternator or a charger.  We do have the ability to start the engine off the house batteries.

I removed the non-functional factory battery maintainer that used to charge the chassis battery while 120v was available (shore power or gen) when I installed my LiFeP04 battery.  However, at the same time I rewired the factory solar panel (80W, 25 years ago) to charge the chassis battery exclusively. This seems to work well during the summer months. I even leave the chassis battery disconnect "on" while parked in storage without issues.  I do also have a small 3rd part battery maintainer that I can plug in to the rear engine bay outlet to charge the chassis battery, but it's so small it would take days or weeks to give it much of a charge if it was depleted. I've never needed to use it thus far, but could see it being handy in the early Spring/Fall/Winter.

Our 98 Signature used a Lambert LE-415 chassis battery maintainer.  When we purchased our 03 Sig it did not have one but then the rear run panel had been butchered with the Big Boy relay and other parts either replaced or completely missing (I ended up rebuilding this panel).  The chassis batteries had a small AC plug in charger attached which I didn't like with a negative side disconnect to boot (which was removed).  We initially installed an Ampl Start relay but this only lasted a few months before failing so I found another Lambert unit and installed it.  It has never failed in 7 years and counting.  I don't know if they still even make the Lambert but to my mind a DC to DC charger makes the most sense for us.