Furnace air reversed?

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

As I work through the various issues on my coach.. and thanks to all for the help......... I have followed Tom's advice by running the bedroom [#2 zone] a/c and a fan down by the dash, works pretty good.   However, when I put the furnace on #2 the heat comes out of the living room vents?  Crossed wires somewhere?  

6 minutes ago, Les Hurdle said:

As I work through the various issues on my coach.. and thanks to all for the help......... I have followed Tom's advice by running the bedroom [#2 zone] a/c and a fan down by the dash, works pretty good.   However, when I put the furnace on #2 the heat comes out of the living room vents?  Crossed wires somewhere?  

Memory says you must have both units in furnace for heat.  One can be “OFF”, but the Dometic does not like to heat in one zone whilst cooling in the other.

NOW…..comments from the peanut gallery.

Monaco is certainly capable of crossing wires.  If you have the thermostat set to heat then turn down the bedroom so the heat comes on.  Set the living room to a much higher temperature so it does not come on.  If it works properly, then reverse the settings and see if the furnace or heat works, again, properly.  If so, then basically all is well.

BUT if it doesn’t, knowing your concerns and my suspicions about your “been violated” Thermostat….i would seriously consider purchasing the rebuilt one from (memory) Norrhwest RV….or, as my father would say, break bad and replace both systems and put in the new Dometic CC2 thermostat.  Having an unreliable and of dubious “mental ability” thermostat will drive you crazy and also be a costly trouble shooting issue for a tech.

Unsolicited….but as you know,,..once an electronic marvel looses its “edge” or gets its brain fried….no telling what the outcome,

I SUSPECT the current issue is trying to disobey the operating instructions and running a mixed system….but until you test snd verify…???  “Crossing” wires is actually the least likely.  Each furnace has 2 wires from the ceiling or outside AC running back to it.  Monaco used pre assembled looms or harnesses.  There aint enough wire to run the rear furnace to the front AC and vice versa.  Even an untrained assembler couldn’t pull that off…

• Like 1

Thanks Tom.   I run a pretty complicated audio studio and am used to chasing gremlins.  Don't know much abut Monaco's but find the logic to be hardly Star Trek...... anyway it am what it am.......  I have mo work cut out 😉

• Like 1

• Solution

Follow the rules.  Keep the system in the same mode.  It is NOT designed to work with different modes in different zones.  I suspect that is the issue.  Run the standard furnace test as i outlined.  If that works….drive on.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...