Norcold not cold in frige

Gospel

I had a JC Refrigeration cooling pack installed, nothing but problems., told that installer (not me) had left a air leak in rear and that was why the fridge would not cool (Mid fifty's) I personally removed the fridge and resealed the back with foam, AC mastic and and aluminum tape, put it back in same thing, freezer is a -15 to -20 f but no cooling in the fridge/ How can it be so cold in the freezer, both side and not cool in the fridge? Help, Hope this is in the right area this time. 

I’m sorry to say that you got a good ceiling with the mastic completely up against the freezer compartment, but not in the refrigerator compartment. There Hass to be air gaps in the refrigerator area so unfortunately I would guess you’re going to have to redo the whole thing again.

I completely sealed around the cutout, there is no doubt that it is not an air leak, there were several unsealed places but the biggest were at the  bottom of the cutout. I went completely around the cutout and re foamed and taped the cutout.  Seems like the cooling is not touching the fins or however the cooling is transmitted to them.

I also know that the seal on the front are sealing. so what next, junk it, 1575 is a lot of money to throw away, not counting what the RV company billed me. 

I’m not familiar with this modification, but, generally refrigerators have cooling coils in the freezer area and move some of that cool air to the refrigerator ’area’ by natural air movement (cold air falls) or by a fan…. Sounds to me like all your cold air is staying in the freezer.

Edited by Cubflyer
Spelling

David I have the JC unit myself and I like it. The trick if you will, is to have full contact areas (the flat plates) on the unit and the fridge touching everywhere. Use more of the mastic then you need and you may want to use more screws to pull it tight. You did a good job in the freezer area but there must be gaps in the fridge section. There are videos on youtube. 

Seems like the cooling is not touching the fins or however the cooling is transmitted to them." This is correct. The flat surfaces have to completely be touching the fridge to the cooling unit.

Edited by timaz996

I replaced mine with a new JC gas cooling unit and it never cooled in the frige well. They had me do a bunch of tests and determined the new cooling was bad. They sent me a brand new 12 volt dual compressor model and it has been fantastic. They have the form on there web site for testing.