Fishy A/C's

I turned on my a/c's yesterday and both had a fishy odor come out of the vents.  I put the fans on high and opened all of the windows.  It was better when I went out to check it today, so hope it goes away permanently.  I don't know what causes that, but I had it happen a few years ago and I ended up having the interior treated with ozone for a couple of days and that got rid of it.  Does anyone know what causes it and a better way to get rid of it?  The a/c's had been off for quite some time.  It is in storage and plugged into shore power, but had another problem where almost nothing was being powered.

Hi Dan, could you be a little bit more specific in describing the odor please? 

I am venturing a guess that it was mildew in the evaporator coils, when the A/C ran for 20-30 mins, the odor went away, the coach was cool and all was well. I very well could be wrong but that’s what I have found to be true in our case. I do use a product called Nu -Calgon No rinse evaporator foam cleaner and works extremely well, safe and smells great, like  citrus.  This is a once a year / whenever needed type of treatment, I try to do it annually when sealing the roof components since I am already up there. We are anxiously awaiting your reply! Enquiring minds want to know. 

Thanks and take Care,

Nick 

I've used a similar product to what Nick @K9 Exec used 👆🏻, purchased from Home Depot.  I had some "suspicious" looking crud in my evaporator pan when I was cleaning it.  Once I cleaned the coils, wiped the evap pan with Clorox wipes, and dried out the mess I made  in the coach 😐 (Hint, put some plastic and/or towels down under your AC units in the coach), the smell was gone, replaced for a day or two by the Clorox smell, then nothing.  That was two years ago and no recurrence since...

Hope that helps...