Entry door won't open from inside or out

Have a 1999 Monaco diplomat.  The top latch won't release, the bottom works fine. I've tried the trick of pushing in to release tension before pulling back. I was able to get the inside panel over the handle off to access the mechanism, I've tried with pliers and channel locks to pull down on the rod going up to the top but it doesn't move anymore than what the handle makes it move. I'm not sure what else to do and I don't want to break anything or make it worse. Just as fyi about 2 years ago I had to adjust the linkage since the top wouldn't release unless I pushed in before trying to open it but this time same trick isn't working.

I've watched the youtube from AZ experts and still unable to get the top to release.

door2.jpg

door3.jpg

I had that happen to me a few times in our 2000 Endeavor that was on the Freightliner chassis same length and we would have to use the front leveling jacks and just barely bump the switches to the jacks and keep trying the door and it would always eventually open. I loosened the top post and lubricated it and the latch with chain saw chain lubricant in a spray can and it stopped hanging up after that I just sprayed it about every 3 months