Thetford Tecma Toilet

I have a Thetford Tecma toilet in my ‘15 Dynasty that will not flush. I checked my manual and it said possible problems might be that the tanks are near capacity but they are empty and the green sensor light indicates they are empty also. It mentions a clog in the mascerater but this one does not have a macerater. The other toilet in the coach flushes properly. I have running water in the sinks but can’t figure this one out. I even tried holding both buttons on the wall plate simultaneously to empty the bowl but nothing happened. My question is whether ther is a reset button somewhere that I don’t know where it is. Any help is appreciated. 

Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty 

Tom,

I’m confused, as I thought the Tecma is a macerating toilet, but - your coach is much newer than mine so it may be different. 

I have a Tecma in my Diplomat that is macerating, and the sole purpose of the macerating toilet in my coach is that the “rear” toilet is 15 feet or so from the black tank, and the toilet grinds and pumps the waste to the black tank, not leaving it to gravity to do the work.

From the symptoms - if it were my older macerating toilet - I would say the macerating unit inside the toilet is clogged or otherwise stopped up.  

My rear toilet is the macerating type but the other is in the middle right over the black tank and doesn’t have a macerater. I tried to flush again about 3 hours later and it worked and still works!  I hate these intermittent problems. I plan to call the manufacturer and ask customer service for advice. 

Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty