Water pump on light in bathrooms

Go to solution Solved by tmw188,

The only light that goes on when the pump is activated is the kitchen indicator light.  If the pump is turned on in the bathroom or bedroom the light goes on in the kitchen only.  I sprayed the electrical latch module in the water bay with contact cleaner.  Then there's 8-10 plug connectors that come off a cable that I didn't touch.  It's 95 degrees in the shade here and I don't want to fish too long.  Not a big deal since the pump works but if someone knows the fix, I'll try it.  Thanks  O3.

Edited by 03Dynasty
  • Disagree 1

Good call, that was a big help, when 2 out of 3 failed I thought it was in that latch mechanism.  Where do you get the green replacements.  I doesn't look like you can replace the bulb

Thanks.

Just checked Amazon, sure enough they have them

Just checked JRV Products out of business.   I ordered from Amazon

Guest Ray Davis
2 hours ago, 03Dynasty said:

doesn't look like you can replace the bulb

I have done it but it's not meant to be replaced and it's tedious

I might give it a try since you were able to- 

Guest Ray Davis
51 minutes ago, Jdw12345 said:

A link to the bulbs would be nice.

When I first replaced them it was yrs ago and I bought the identical bulb at Radio Shack.   So now it's Amazon or eBay.  The original bulbs were incandescent and you can still get a tiny bulb on Amazon but I would go with LED I'm sure you'll likely get a much longer life.  The link below has a sampling of both.  Be aware that the LEDs are polarity sensitive, so be sure before going to all that effort only to the bulb is wired backward.

Amazon.com : mini 12v bulbs

All of mine (2005 Exec) had the little white incandescent bulbs, which kind of look like a very small glass tube fuse but are really a bulb. I suspect the OP’s 2003 model is similar. At one of the Monaco Rallies (in the “Good ‘Ole Days), I had the one in the galley swapped out for a green LED. The tech changed out the whole switch assembly. I’ve always kicked myself that I didn’t grab a couple of switches from the “Parts Trailer”, as both of my bath area switch lights have failed over the years, as well as the Aqua-Hot electric one.

I know that NW RV Supply used to have a lot of these switches for various functions, but they have disappeared from their web site. You might call them to see if they still have some around. I think the only easy way to change from incandescent to LED is to replace the whole switch. Otherwise, I can picture myself with the dismantled switch mounted in a fishing fly apparatus and me with magnifying goggles trying to solder microscopic fittings. Not.

My plan, since I still have one working switch light I can use to verify status, is to wire n new LEDs. The ones I bought will fit in a 3/16” or 1/4” hole and have maybe 6” wire leads. I’ll drill through the switch plate or just above in the cabinet face, and wire the leads into the switch terminals based on the schematics where the indicator signal goes. I got the LEDs from Amazon, and they look like some of the ones in Ray’s post above. I got a pack of 100 in 4-5 different colors for cheap. I know they work because I used one when building a bench test bed for the latching controller (different story).

I’ll also admit that I’ve had these LEDs for several years now and this project has never made it to the top of the to-do list.