Has anyone used the Remflex gaskets for their manifold, and if so, how has your experience been with them?

Since Ill be in need of them shortly, I feel inclined to try them out over the OEM gaskets solely for the crush/rebound factor to provide a good seal and hopefully never experience a God Blessed broken manifold bolt ever again. 
When I originally had my manifold leak, I had purchased a flat sheet of the stuff to literally jam into the space where the leak was, followed by some high heat exhaust putty and some stainless zip ties to hold it all in.  
I noticed when I removed my manifold, the Remflex gasket material had not deteriorated, burnt or shown any other signs of failure. 

Be about 60 bucks Canadian for all 6 gaskets, they are 1/8” thick and are designed to be crushed to about 50% when installed, can handle temps up to 3000 degrees, which will never be seen on a diesel engine.  They claim 100% no leaks,  no burn outs, and no re-torquing required.  Just seems odd that if they are that good, why I don’t hear more of them. 

• Like 2

@BradHend I replaced my gaskets with OEM last year.  And the OEM ones that came out were all broken to pieces.  I inquired of Cummins why, and I sort of got the answer that it was just sort of the nature of the beast.  So I am very interested in if you install the Remflex how it goes.  Of course we may not know for 50,000 miles.  But like you, I have no desire to do the job again.  I did not have any broken bolts, and it still kicked my tail.

• Like 1

I have used Remflex gaskets on my car builds when installing headers for years. They are fantastic and I would recommend them highly. Have never had one fail or leak ever. Be sure to use a center out torque pattern and increase the torque 5lbs at a time. 

• Like 1

@Bill R The shim packs that came out of mine for two cylinders were heavily pitted, extremely brittle and the one entire pack had split.  
@Chargerman  Noted.  Thanks for sharing that. 

Edited by BradHend
  • Like 1