Rubber Seal Protection.

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

Do the “rubber seal” protector sprays do anything? My rig is 2005 and for 12 years I’ve use them and think that it’s has helped but that’s a single unsubstantiated case. 

• Solution

Krytox by Chemours GPL 205 Grease, 

I use that on the door and top seals on my Vette.  Been using it since 1998 and gone through 3 Vettes.  The local "Hot Rod & Restoration" club turned me on to it.  I use it about once every 2 years on the main door seal.  I HAVE used it on the slide seals.  Some recommend the AeroSpace 303 for them. That cuts down on UV deterioration.  Probably not a bad idea.  BUT for the critical door seal and air seal, the Krytox.  A little goes a LONG way.  I use my finger tip (it is NOT a carcinigen) and just keep smearing until my finger doesn't "slip" and there is not a shiny surface. This ain't like smearing on SunScreen....  LOL.  I have used it on other vehicles and quietened down the door seals.  A MUST for my Vette's T tops and the convertible top main seals.

That's my experience...

On 7/17/2023 at 2:42 PM, Tom Cherry said:

Krytox by Chemours GPL 205 Grease, 

I use that on the door and top seals on my Vette.  Been using it since 1998 and gone through 3 Vettes.  The local "Hot Rod & Restoration" club turned me on to it.  I use it about once every 2 years on the main door seal.  I HAVE used it on the slide seals.  Some recommend the AeroSpace 303 for them. That cuts down on UV deterioration.  Probably not a bad idea.  BUT for the critical door seal and air seal, the Krytox.  A little goes a LONG way.  I use my finger tip (it is NOT a carcinigen) and just keep smearing until my finger doesn't "slip" and there is not a shiny surface. This ain't like smearing on SunScreen....  LOL.  I have used it on other vehicles and quietened down the door seals.  A MUST for my Vette's T tops and the convertible top main seals.

That's my experience...

Interesting series of greases.  I wonder of one of those, either with GPL 215 or 225 might work well on heim joints in a racecar suspension.
I need something that lubricates but won't attract dirt and dust.

As far as rubber, I've been using the 303 Protectant for decades.  It seems to work very well.

• Like 1