Checking Check the airline from the compressor to the air dryer

Ivylog

While on our trip out West, it took longer than normal to build air pressure in the morning and took more rpms to get to 120 psi. While Monaco tried to support the SS braided air line above the transmission that runs from the compressor to the air dryer, it could still vibrate and wear a hole in the line.
Had to grind the SS burs off so my patch of tape and split water hose might seal. Used all the serial clamps I had and while not pretty, it didn’t leak.

While under there check all the hose supports you can see and make sure they can’t move.

IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6922.png

Edited by Ivylog
  • Like 2

Thanks for posting. I have seen slow pressure build also and have not checked the line. I'll be doing that very soon.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

While on our trip out West, it took longer than normal to build air pressure in the morning and took more rpms to get to 120 psi. While Monaco tried to support the SS braided air line above the transmission that runs from the compressor to the air dryer, it could still vibrate and wear a hole in the line.
Had to grind the SS burs off so my patch of tape and split water hose might seal. Used all the serial clamps I had and while not pretty, it didn’t leak.

While under there check all the hose supports you can see and make sure they can’t move.

IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6922.png

Did you use 'Rescue Tape' under that garden hose?

2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Did you use 'Rescue Tape' under that garden hose?

Should have explained better: put a fair amount of E6000 glue over the hole and into the SS braiding. Wrapped about 3” wide of Rescue tape around the hose before putting the split water hose  over all of it. Got motivated to put the correct size spiral camps I’d bought on since originally posting this.

IMG_6923.jpeg

Edited by Ivylog