2007 Diplomat Keyless door entry replacement & questions

48 minutes ago, Joel Sheriff said:

Any help in choosing a brand or style  keyless entry lock for my 07 diplomate from Amazon or elsewhere easy to install with pad and key fobs. Thank you 

I have an 08 Diplomat and the sending unit and key fobs are still available.  It is a Tri Mark brand.  I would contact them and see if they have the kit available.  That would be a lot simpler.

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2007 Diplomat Keyless door entry replacement & questions
17 hours ago, Joel Sheriff said:

Any help in choosing a brand or style  keyless entry lock for my 07 diplomate from Amazon or elsewhere easy to install with pad and key fobs. Thank you 

Joel, the question is a bit more complicated than just “replace”.  The standard locking system on the 2007 Diplomat was an interior manual lock and keyed to work on each compartment door.  The Keyless Entry was a major upgrade as the door lock was a solenoid and there were solenoid locks on each compartment.  From what I know or was told or read, Monaco added in a “convenience feature package” and the majority of the MH left with it.  It included the keyless….but who knows.

The lock knockouts on the door were probably the same.  Lippert is the only “power lock” upgrade company, I have read about or found comments that has a full line of “retrofit locks”.  Their website would be where I would look.  They have developed a data base by model….and the door MUST be a commonly used “door lock cutout” and thickness.  They have a “will it fit here” app or lookup table.  They MAY be knockoffs on Amazon…but, for safety and reliability, I would trust Lippert.

IF you have the OEM system,  then I might try getting a replacement controller or such….assuming that their is one,  TriMark and maybe “Essex” are the two systems that Monaco used.  If you had the option, the module is either buried in the passenger side console or in the bowels of the dash…but you can usually find it with a flashlight if you pull the front dash access panel.

There has been a lot of interest in upgrading…but usually on Travel trailers and Lippert advises to take apart or remove the lock and then carefully measure the opeong snd thickness ands triker recess and several other dimensions….then send prints and pictures. But…then, you gotta resemble.  Taking out the entry lock is a daunting task ….trust me.  So…you might need to do some more research and then figure out what you have and if it is OEM keyless, repairing is probably the best option.

IF not, then if Lippert makes a plug snd play kit, download the install manual and read and learn….then consider them.  All others, unless they have cloned the Lippert approach would need a careful “ratings review and quality check”….

Just my thoughts.  We have only had one other question on upgrading….with no feedback on what was done as the MH was NOT in Lippert’s database.

Good Luck…

Thank you, I think... I'll definitely research more. It's operational I just wanted an option to have someone gain entry without the keys being left somewhere.  I do not have the fob use for the bays they are just keyed locking not electronic. I'll be certain if I do continue to determine fit. Thanks again, Joel 

Joel,  It sounds like you have a key fob that will open the main door, but not the bay doors?  If you have a key fob that opens the door, then I think it is possible to add a key pad beside the door.  My coach came with both, but when I bought it, there were no fobs and the keypad did not work.  So I replaced the key fob transmitter that is located under the dash access panel.  I also replaced the keypad that is by the door.  Since you don't have existing wiring (unless it was an option and they prewired for it) the keypad may be a challenge to get wired. If you have wiring for a keypad, it will be in the arm rest on the passenger side.

I have attached pictures of the transmitter in the dash, the keypad and the keypad wiring in the armrest.  I hope that helps.  All of those products can be purchased and there is a great write up in this forum about installing.  Just do a search for it.

keypad .jpg

dash 1.jpg

keypad plug.jpg

Is that a pix of the actuator under the dash with about 20 connections. The rest is clear I just have to find the fob box in the arm rest or under the pass side dash of behind the radio. Thanks for the pix and assistance I'll do my homework 

make sure you keep key fob and key pad clear.  The keyfob transmitter is the thing with 20 connections.  On mine it is under the access panel on the top of the dash.  The keypad wiring will be under the armrest if it was prewired at the factory.