KING DOME SATELLITE

I have a 9702 Kingdome Satellite on my RV; have had it for 20 years; it was working 3 months ago and I have never had a problem with this satellite until now. The RV is covered in a RV garage. When I do a search outside of the RV garage, it seems to home in/connect on the satellite; both lights are green on the search remote which is an indication that it found the satellite. On the TV, a message is produced stating that the satellite is acquiring information with a red dot and stating that 9% is complete, but it never moves beyond the 9% mark. The receiver is a Directv DVR R10.

What can be causing this problem; why won’t it finish acquiring the rest of the 91% data? 

Is it the R10?

King Connect won't answer my question.

Similar situation a number of years ago but with Dish Network.  Turned out Dish had changed their encoding from the satellite and the only solution was to purchase a new $400 board from King Controls to go inside the dome.  I declined and made a quad pod with PVC and a regular roof dish.  Works great.

- bob

You might want to call Directv support and talk to them.  Be prepared for a run around asking you to check everything under the sun.  You need to get the issue escalated to the department that has a higher level of support.  Tell them you’re trying to find out if they’ve made programming changes in the last 3 months that would affect your unit.  Also, you might want to try googling the problem you’re experiencing.  There  are a few forums that deal with Directv and Dish problems.  I think 1 of the is Satguys.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don’t know if your dish is SD or not, but the last SD satellite was scheduled to go dark soon, they didn’t have the exact date, but the last I heard, it was about now. 

i

here’s some discussion on Direct TV forums. 

https://forums.directv.com/conversations/community-lounge/why-is-directv-taking-away-my-channels/62490de1a7e2d409585cec94#

Dennis, thank you for responding. When I called DirecTv to do a delete/add on my receiver, I asked them about this rumor/fact that has been going on for several years. They indicated that there were no future plans to take away SD connection. Yes. my satellite/receiver is SD.