Both Hydraulic Slides Did Not Work. Pressed Button Nothing Happend....

We went to slide out our HWH Hydraulic slide for the front of the coach.  Worked for a split second then would no longer respond when pressing the button.  We checked all the bay doors to make sure they where closed.  Pressed the button again and it didn't work. This has happened to us before.  In the past we disconnected from shore power. Disconnected the batteries.  Waited and tried again and it worked.  However, this time we tried something different.  While Laura just pressed the button to extend the space saver slide I went in the fuse panel box in the bay outside under the driver area.  I wiggled the wires and fuses on the middle circuit board.  Schazam it started sliding out.

Here is what I need help with.  I have attached a picture of both the fuse panel bay and the electrical diagram for the circuit boards.  I am hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction as to what section I need to focus on to discover what wiring area is not getting a good connection.

Thank you

Ian

20230804_093835.jpg

Extraded Fuese Diagram Pages from 2003 Monaco Dynasty Wiring Diagram w TOC.pdf

Next time it quits go to the electrical bay and start with the fuse for that slide.  Push on it, wiggle, it, etc. while the wife is pressing the button.  If nothing happens follow that fuse to the it's wire.  Push on it, wiggle it, etc.  Keep doing that up the chain until something changes.  It could as simple as the crimp on the fuse blade to a pc board solder joint to a broken wire inside a crimp connector of one of the cables (those are real tough to find).

- bob

My front slide uses the same hydraulic motor as my generator. See if your GEN slide works. If not, it may likely be the relay (looks like a starter relay) up under the passenger side of the coach. Your coach may be totally diff, but it's worth a try. 

Good Luck
Bill

On 8/4/2023 at 11:33 AM, cbr046 said:

Next time it quits go to the electrical bay and start with the fuse for that slide.  Push on it, wiggle, it, etc. while the wife is pressing the button.  If nothing happens follow that fuse to the it's wire.  Push on it, wiggle it, etc.  Keep doing that up the chain until something changes.  It could as simple as the crimp on the fuse blade to a pc board solder joint to a broken wire inside a crimp connector of one of the cables (those are real tough to find).

- bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your response.  I have the diagram for my electrical/fuse bay.  I've attached it below.  I am trying to learn as I am not accustomed to reading these diagrams.  I can only see one fuse/harness that relates to slide or hydraulic. I don't see a spot for just my hydraulic slides. 

Can you help point me in the right direction?

Thank you

1 hour ago, FunTripsUSA said:

Can you help point me in the right direction?

Not really.  I don't have a Dynasty and not familiar with them.  I was just pointing out generic troubleshooting.  Sorry.

- bob

Because of the poor location of the hydraulic power pack (under the steps) most issues is corrosion on the multiple connections under there. If you have a plastic bin under one of the steps, remove, throw all the screws away, and start cleaning.

• Like 1