Aladdin Screen Issue

Go to solution Solved by 96 EVO,

birdshill123 - Yeah, not sure what it is called, but my 2007 GMC 2500HD diesel has one! Regardless what it is called, nothing is visible on or near the floor on the drivers side? Perhaps located higher &/or under the dash or inside the console? Still looking every chance I get.

Thanks!

Bart from VA 

96 EVO - YEP! DUH....it is a DP, but I thought he was referring to a Diplomat. :>) 

I just got back from my RV storage area after looking again for the data port, to which some have said was near the left drivers's side. I confirmed my Scepter has two such data ports, in my outside electrical compartment but no actual rocker power switch to which you referred. I pulled, tested, & reinstalled several fuses related to the Aladdin, but due to approaching rain, did not yet find a fuse for the Voyage monitor itself.

Bart from VA

1 hour ago, isptbart said:

I just got back from my RV storage area after looking again for the data port, to which some have said was near the left drivers's side. I confirmed my Scepter has two such data ports, in my outside electrical compartment but no actual rocker power switch to which you referred. I pulled, tested, & reinstalled several fuses related to the Aladdin, but due to approaching rain, did not yet find a fuse for the Voyage monitor itself.

Bart from VA

Believe my owners manual mentions the Aladdin power switch being in one of the front cockpit overhead cabinets, even though it wasn't.

May want to give each of those cabinets a good search. 

96 EVO - OK, I will check out those areas as well. I contacted the monitor manufacturer (Jensen) & talked with a tech. They are not sure a power reboot will have any effect with my issue? W/o an actual power cutoff switch, they suggest tracing back from the monitor wiring harness approx. 3' to a power connection point. Nothing in my forward electrical box where the majority of the 12v fuses (approximately 60?) indicates a monitor fuse. The manufacture states their monitors are usually fused in-line & since my monitor does have power it may not be seperately fused in my fuse panel? 

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Bart from VA

96 EVO - the screen is acting up in all screen modes, as I showed in my original photo attachments. No luck so far in finding a remote monitor power cutoff switch. The RV is located off site, so I'm limited in my search efforts from time to time.

birdshill123 - yes it does & that is a good place to look next! Otherwise I plan to remove either the radio & or the monitor itself. If monitor is defective then It has to come off to size for a replacement too. Waiting for better weather for this next phase of exploring.

Thanks!

Bart from VA

Alladin Screen Issue UPDATE!

ALL - I was able to easily remove my Voyager monitor for my Alladin (Thanks to 96 EVO!). Took it to my neighbors 07 Camelot, pulled his monitor out & tested mine. My monitor is definately not working properly. Now looking for a direct or suitable replacement? Replacement suggestions welcome!

Bart from VA

• Solution

Ha... Lucky you having a neighbor with almost the same coach!

Talk to Tim at RV cams. There is no direct replacement, but if yours's works enough to get the rear camera aimed where you want it, they can replace the monitor with a unit that no longer moves the camera view. 

Now I think of it... if your rear camera isn't aimed where you're happy, use your neighbors to aim it!

I have mine set where I like, so if my monitor quit completely today, I'd be fine with replacing with a monitor that couldn't pan my camera. 

Edited by 96 EVO

96 EVO - yeah, I remeber you coaching me on that! I guess as an alternative, perhaps I could find a suitable used monitor, but obviously unsure about the longivity now that my 2007 model has failed. I have no idea when Voyager discontinued compatible models and any availability for my RV? 2007?, 2017?, etc. Guess I will contact Voyager again to see what they say about model & years for compatibility? Worse case, I figured what I would do is use my neighbors monitor to set my camera where I want it & then install a replacement monitor w/o that pan/tilt feature (I rarely used that feature anyway. I have until about mid-Oct before we plan to hit the road for our next trip.  Still didn't find a monitor power cut-off switch, but with your guidance I didn't get much easier than to just pull the monitor & disconnect. On a side note, my neighbors monitor looked identical - except he had two additional sets of colored RCA jacks (total of 4) wired directly into the back of his monitor (internally) yet none of them were actually connected to anything?

Bart from VA

2 hours ago, isptbart said:

On a side note, my neighbors monitor looked identical - except he had two additional sets of colored RCA jacks (total of 4) wired directly into the back of his monitor (internally) yet none of them were actually connected to anything?

Yeah, I have those as well.

Not sure if they are additional inputs, or outputs.