Aladdin Screen Issue

Go to solution Solved by 96 EVO,

Upon starting up my coach to exercise the engine, my Aladdin Jr. display is showing double or triple images. Never had this happen before on any of my past coaches. Powering off & on, does not correct the screen. Batteries fully charged. Same type of display with enginf running or not. I can’t find anything in the Menu or manual addressing such a problem? I would think using my two 12v cut-off switches would be the same as, in effect, as re-booting, but obviously not sure.

Kindly please advise & thanks for your suggestions!
Bart from Virginia

2007 HR 42' Scepter

20230803_132945.jpg

20230803_132958.jpg

20230803_133034.jpg

Do you have another video display you can try (anything with an "RCA-Video" input jack)? You would just need to have access to the back of the dash-display unit or the Aladdin unit to unplug the video cable and move to a test display.

This would help you figure out if the display is bad, or if the Aladdin unit is the problem. 

Also, does the display screen look normal (menus, radio, etc.) for everything else but the Aladdin?

Guys - Not sure if I have a suitable monitor to use as a suitable test unit, but I will look. My Aladdin monitor is only used for Aladdin features (radio is a seperate device & screen) and all Aladdin screens have the same duplication issues. 

Thanks!

Bart from VA

96 EVO - well RATS! So have you done anything for a direct replacement? While I usually don't use my Aladdin to monitor my cameras I use it mostly for watching engine stats & tracking my sections of mileage between fills. Do you know a way for a possible reboot?

Thanks!

Bob - not sure where a reset button may be located? I'm pretty familiar with this coach over 6 years & don't recall such a switch? I may be forced to just disconnect from behind the dash of to disconnect the ground from my batteries? Does anyone have a photo of such a reset switch? If so, that would sure help! 

Thanks!

Bart from VA

8 minutes ago, isptbart said:

96 RVO - WOW! I would never have thought to look there after the suggestions to look in cabinets? 

Many Thanks for the photo too!

Bart from VA

Yeah trust me, I discovered it completely by mistake!

After installing my Scangauge D (big plug to the right of the switch), I noticed a few months later I no longer had Aladdin 🤔!

Backtracked my last moves and discovered I must have accidentally hit that switch!

Edited by 96 EVO
  • Like 1

96 EVO - we keep our RV off-site, so I went there today & looked for the switch - found nothing. Is your switch location in the outside compartment on the drivers side? If so, I only looked inside the RV, as I originally had envisioned based upon the suggestion. Today I also found my radio located just below my Aladdin screen would not power up? Thinking back, a couple of months ago, I pulled my radio for some reason & have never had a reason to check it out since. Perhaps when I did that I could have caused a wiring issue for either device? Finding the switch would be nice - just to know I have one & to avoid having to disconnect all batteries too just to remove the power from the monitor to see if I can get it to reboot!

Thanks!

Bart from VA