HELP!!!! Coach Died at the Paint Shop

3 hours ago, Martinvz said:

Hi Frederic, that is a great improvement, looking good !!

Thanks, Martin. Sorry I wasn’t able to message you back. Our daughter’s Tiguan had to go in the shop, and we had to bring the Jeep over to her, until her car’s out of the shop.

I just picked up the coach and it wouldn’t start again. I tried the relays and nothing happened so I ended up on a whim, crawling underneath the couch and lo and behold, the main starter wire was loose… Tightened it up with a 1/2” wrench, and it fired right up. 

IMG_2508.jpeg

Edited by FLynes
  • Like 1

Our cutoff switch died going down the road and shut off all power a block from home. Once I figured out what it was I used jumper cables to bypass the switch until we got home. I replaced it with the following many years ago. Impressed with the quality of this switch. I see it's on sale right now for 1/3 off, less than $40 ...

Blue Sea Systems 9003E e-Series Battery Switch, On/Off, Red https://a.co/d/8YZ9MMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, det944 said:

That coach looks great! Hope you have resolved the starting issue as it looks ready to enjoy!

Dan and everyone else, thank you for the kind words. It’s a relief for my OCD, knowing that the coach is no longer boogered up. I’m really loving the factory ladder and how sturdy it is…I’ve climbed up and down it a few times today., solid as a rock.
I’m 100% sure the problem was the loose starter wire. I’ve started it everyday and it fires right up. My next project is to install a second battery, since it was an option. If any gasser owners have that option and can take a pic of where the second battery is supposed to be, I’d be grateful.

IMG_2519.jpeg

Edited by FLynes