Increase in Membership

Paul J A

To all Our Monaco Friends and Family, Food For Thought;

When the Civility on the Forum seems to get a bit out of control I believe it would be a good time for all of us to step back and take a deep breath.
In the case of someone posting a Discussion about a certain subject, a Problem they are having with their coach, or even a Maintenance or Repair Issue, whether it be tires, batteries, engine and transmission etc. when posted on this FORUM it will bring about a lot of various discussions based on the Manufacturers Recommendations, owners preferences, owners experiences and Maintenance Repair Shops recommendations.
It is not to say that all methods are the right or wrong way of doing any particular maintenance or repairs. What is important is that at least the
information is correct, the minimum maintenance/repair or some maintenance repair is being done and the owner is comfortable with the outcome.
Let's face it, it is definitely a one size does not fit all scenario, but basically, what works for the individual.

Some of the most annoying frustrations are; 1. A member who posts a problem or question without a NAME, YEAR, MAKE and MODEL of COACH. 2. Not using the "SEARCH" function to research the issue to find out if has already been addressed before posting the issue on the Forum. 3. It is very obvious from a majority of post about issues a member is having can be answered by just reading the "OWNERS MANUAL" that comes with the coach along with the Operator Manuals for the different components that are installed in the coach. I appreciate those Members that Monitor the Forum and will ask a member to include this information when they forget to add it to their post. The request should always be done respectfully and courteously. Always Play Nice!!!!

The Only Stupid Question is the one that is not asked!
I read every post to this forum and everyday learn something new, something better and some things that help me improve the way I already do things.
Everyone is entitled to their ideas and opinions and they should be heard. I believe that most members of this forum have the good common sense to know what is right/wrong and reasonable and not Cannon Fodder.
We all should refrain from making or taking it Personnel.
I cannot see where taking someone to the carpet because their way of obtaining a certain result doesn't fit ours to prove a point. If they are misinformed, then inform and educate them, not criticize them and in so doing we educate ourselves and others,  
I will usually only post to those things that I know and am familiar with and either I use facts that are true and founded or from my own personnel experiences. Hopefully it will help someone with a similar problem or help in a future situation.

As Scotty posted earlier, the moderators and admins have a handle on it. We give posters great latitude to express what they need to, so long as it’s somewhat RV related and is not out of bounds and deal with the issue off the Forum.
When it comes to any problem, maintenance or repairs, I have found that is always best to start with what the Manufacturer Recommends, followed up very carefully by what the maintenance/repair facility recommends based on the manufacturer's recommendations. DIY is the least expensive and sometimes the most practical, especially when it is based on the Manufacturers Recommendations.
The Manufacturers Recommendations should always be considered the Minimum that should be done to get the best performance and longevity out of any product. 

When it comes to Maintenance and Safety there is one very basic "TRUISM" and that is "You can pay Now or pay Later" and the latter of that statement is usually the most expensive.

The Monacoers Group and this FORUM is the best way to share ideas, offer and obtain help. The Monacoers Forum is a valuable Gateway to a lot of Knowledge from the minds of some very intelligent, remarkable experienced people that are Members of the Monacoers Group. The Monacoers Group has over 3000 Active members and is continually growing. Everyone of our members are a valuable asset to this group and forum.

Enjoy it and Benefit from it, I know I do. If that does not work for you, there is always the Delete Key!

56 minutes ago, David Pratt said:

To all Our Monaco Friends and Family, Food For Thought;

When the Civility on the Forum seems to get a bit out of control I believe it would be a good time for all of us to step back and take a deep breath.
In the case of someone posting a Discussion about a certain subject, a Problem they are having with their coach, or even a Maintenance or Repair Issue, whether it be tires, batteries, engine and transmission etc. when posted on this FORUM it will bring about a lot of various discussions based on the Manufacturers Recommendations, owners preferences, owners experiences and Maintenance Repair Shops recommendations.
It is not to say that all methods are the right or wrong way of doing any particular maintenance or repairs. What is important is that at least the
information is correct, the minimum maintenance/repair or some maintenance repair is being done and the owner is comfortable with the outcome.
Let's face it, it is definitely a one size does not fit all scenario, but basically, what works for the individual.

Some of the most annoying frustrations are; 1. A member who posts a problem or question without a NAME, YEAR, MAKE and MODEL of COACH. 2. Not using the "SEARCH" function to research the issue to find out if has already been addressed before posting the issue on the Forum. 3. It is very obvious from a majority of post about issues a member is having can be answered by just reading the "OWNERS MANUAL" that comes with the coach along with the Operator Manuals for the different components that are installed in the coach. I appreciate those Members that Monitor the Forum and will ask a member to include this information when they forget to add it to their post. The request should always be done respectfully and courteously. Always Play Nice!!!!

The Only Stupid Question is the one that is not asked!
I read every post to this forum and everyday learn something new, something better and some things that help me improve the way I already do things.
Everyone is entitled to their ideas and opinions and they should be heard. I believe that most members of this forum have the good common sense to know what is right/wrong and reasonable and not Cannon Fodder.
We all should refrain from making or taking it Personnel.
I cannot see where taking someone to the carpet because their way of obtaining a certain result doesn't fit ours to prove a point. If they are misinformed, then inform and educate them, not criticize them and in so doing we educate ourselves and others,  
I will usually only post to those things that I know and am familiar with and either I use facts that are true and founded or from my own personnel experiences. Hopefully it will help someone with a similar problem or help in a future situation.

As Scotty posted earlier, the moderators and admins have a handle on it. We give posters great latitude to express what they need to, so long as it’s somewhat RV related and is not out of bounds and deal with the issue off the Forum.
When it comes to any problem, maintenance or repairs, I have found that is always best to start with what the Manufacturer Recommends, followed up very carefully by what the maintenance/repair facility recommends based on the manufacturer's recommendations. DIY is the least expensive and sometimes the most practical, especially when it is based on the Manufacturers Recommendations.
The Manufacturers Recommendations should always be considered the Minimum that should be done to get the best performance and longevity out of any product. 

When it comes to Maintenance and Safety there is one very basic "TRUISM" and that is "You can pay Now or pay Later" and the latter of that statement is usually the most expensive.

The Monacoers Group and this FORUM is the best way to share ideas, offer and obtain help. The Monacoers Forum is a valuable Gateway to a lot of Knowledge from the minds of some very intelligent, remarkable experienced people that are Members of the Monacoers Group. The Monacoers Group has over 3000 Active members and is continually growing. Everyone of our members are a valuable asset to this group and forum.

Enjoy it and Benefit from it, I know I do. If that does not work for you, there is always the Delete Key!

Thanks for a reasonable answer.