Increase in Membership

Paul J A

This site continues to grow at a pace that is respective to it's quality of support and respect to all.

It is abundantly clear that we ALL should concentrate on keeping "the" posts at a length that is both informative to the post being answered and not opinions or speculations or assumptions.  

Thanks to all for the desire to keep this site as great as it is. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Paul J A said:

This site continues to grow at a pace that is respective to it's quality of support and respect to all.

It is abundantly clear that we ALL should concentrate on keeping "the" posts at a length that is both informative to the post being answered and not opinions or speculations or assumptions.  

Thanks to all for the desire to keep this site as great as it is. 

So what is the problem that you are seeing? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Paul J A said:

I did not state I was having a problem.

I didn’t say you yourself have a problem. 

Your statement implies that ALL of us have some sort of responsibility that you see we are lacking in or need to uphold. 

What is the proper post length? 
What is an assumption? 
What is a speculation?

What is an opinion? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDCrow said:

I didn’t say you yourself have a problem. 

Your statement implies that ALL of us have some sort of responsibility that you see we are lacking in or need to uphold. 

What is the proper post length? 
What is an assumption? 
What is a speculation?

What is an opinion? 

Thank s for your comments. Ask the moderators or the site owner.  

THAT's what matters. 

I’m quite confused myself as to what your point is after reading the back and forth here now. 
What happened that you felt the need to post this in the first place? 
I myself am absolutely guilty of getting off track or posting something that ends up being irrelevant to the original post.  
Not intentional, but it happens and we deal with it. 
Hate to say it, and I mean no disrespect, but your post was neither informative, it was of a personal opinion and was based on speculation and assumption... 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Paul J A said:

Thank s for your comments. Ask the moderators or the site owner.  

THAT's what matters. 

If you want to drop it, that’s ok. I’m just trying to figure out if you are Lobbying for more rules, tighter grip on conversations, whatever. 

As far as new people, give them the benefit of the doubt. We are all a family here. People will figure out who is the crazy uncle, the forgetful grandfather, the know it all brother in law or the red headed step child. 

I love it here, just the way it is. Do some irritate me, oh yeah, but they might have the answer on my next problem.  I’m always impressed just how willing everyone is here to help, it’s such a relief compared to other forums. 

Anyway, not my intent to jolt anyone, I’m just not a big rule guy. 

Show kindness, be humble, be forgiving, do the right thing, and above all, laugh, especially at yourself. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Fear not, the moderators and admins have a handle on it. At least 3, sometimes 4 of us read every post every day. We give posters great latitude to express what they need to, so long as it’s somewhat RV related.

We literally communicate daily about how to handle posts that are “out of bounds”. Y’all never see the result (and never will), because we “praise in public and discipline in private.”

’nuff said.  

That is a rule of leadership I learned in the Navy.

• Like 2

I guess my biggest problem is I have so many war stories that when an opportunity arises that I can use one as a "teaching" moment >>> I do.  Just in the last 2 posts I could had had lengthy responses with a war story example BUT I refrained myself.  I guess I'm growing😁

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

I guess my biggest problem is I have so many war stories that when an opportunity arises that I can use one as a "teaching" moment >>> I do.  Just in the last 2 posts I could had had lengthy responses with a war story example BUT I refrained myself.  I guess I'm growing😁

To me that’s the beauty here. Heck we can pretty much find the answers to most things if we google enough. But really, I’d rather go through an issue/problem with buddies. When you go through something together, you not only get someone else’s perspective, you get to know their life and how they came to be here. Each of us had a fascinating life story, we are all full of wisdom (some more than others) and we need each other. If I’ve learned anything the last few years, it’s to sit and listen. Everyone has a story, everyone needs to tell it, but is anyone willing to listen? I guarantee we’d all be better off if we listened to each other more and not to the static that’s being pumped out everyday. 

Edited by JDCrow
  • Like 3

I’ve always subscribed to the K.I.S.S. principle…no need to write a novella, when you can answer someone’s question in one paragraph. 

And, remember everyone, there are no stupid questions, but there are plenty of inquisitive idiots!

9 minutes ago, Paul J A said:

I think the inversion is appropriate. 

Now I have to go look up inversion, because it means something different to me. 

Ok means what I thought, I didn’t change my position, so not sure how the word relates, but oh well, you seem happy so I’ll let it lie. I’m still happy. 

I find myself biting my tongue here.  This appears to be a case of someone throwing a live grenade into a room and then sitting back to watch the reaction.  I'm going to ignore any additional responses to this thread as it certainly does not look to be going in any constructive direction from the get go.  JD I appreciate your posts and that you are happy.  Please keep it up!

37 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I find myself biting my tongue here.  This appears to be a case of someone throwing a live grenade into a room and then sitting back to watch the reaction.  I'm going to ignore any additional responses to this thread as it certainly does not look to be going in any constructive direction from the get go.  JD I appreciate your posts and that you are happy.  Please keep it up!

Agree, been posting about lights and smooth rides. Coach headed to Mech tomorrow, I’ll create a thread on that