Access to OutDoor Entertainment Center

I need to access my outdoor Entertainment Center but for the life of me, I can’t find out how.  Outside is a sealed plastic plate.  Inside, still no way to move the couch!!  Thoughts.  Looking to put a Dish receiver outdoors.  Technician just shook his head.

Is that how I need to do it in order to get to the back of TV?

Thanks folks.  Appreciate the feedback.  It appears I have to dismount the sofa from the floor to access the back of the TV.  Thanks all.

BE SAFE in your travels

13 hours ago, LilGTO71 said:

Thanks folks.  Appreciate the feedback.  It appears I have to dismount the sofa from the floor to access the back of the TV.  Thanks all.

BE SAFE in your travels

That looks identical to my 2007 camelot 42pdq.

To access the outside tv I put the couch down, it's a jack knife couch.

Then you can see the access panel, it's just a piece of paneling held on by 6 screws. I had to use a very short screwdriver to get the screws out and remove the panel. 

It's not a piece of cake but a whole lot easier than taking out a couch. Once the panel is off you can get to the back of the tv, radio, and reach the 2 plug ins.

When I bought this coach I changed the outside tv to a 32 inch toshiba fire tv. That's a 2 person job. Then I added a tv stand on top of the wooden shelf above the outside tv, behind the couch and put a 43 inch toshiba fire tv there so we could watch tv from the other couch without having to turn our heads towards the windshield.

I teed the existing coax from the new inside tv into the outside tv connection so I could get antenna reception on it.

Edited to add dish network discussion:

Now that I think back, dish network was the reason I ended up changing this tv and the one in the bedroom to fire tv's. I had dish in my Montana fifth wheel on 3 tv's but was getting aggravated at the high prices. When I got this camelot and started looking into adding my dish service to it I was overwhelmed about how to hook it up. First off, my dome satellite antenna was obsolete so I'd have to change it, or use my pathway x2 or fixed dish on a tripod, and I'd have to carry them with me.

Trying to figure out how to add that into the box of many buttons, or cable the coax in from outside boggled my mind so I gave up. I went to streaming tv and the sharp tv's were too old to stream so I replaced the one on the outside and the one in the bedroom and added the one on the shelf in the living room above the couch. I left the antique sharp over the windshield since it's not easy to watch from anywhere but the dinette, it will still work on antenna if I want.

If adding a receiver to the outside tv is your only problem getting dish network out there you could set your receiver on the shelf inside and run the coax behind the couch. I drilled a hole in the access panel and ran my coax from my new tv on the inside to the outside connection that way. I just drilled a slot on the edge of the access panel so the cable would go through there.

Good luck, interested how it comes out and your hookups in case I ever decide to go back to dish but that's unlikely. I have a $25 per month visible wireless phone hooked up to a router. I stream 3 tv's in the monaco (living, bedroom, outside) from this router. I also stream a tv we have in our gazebo off of it and use it for computer, our phones, and a fire tablet.

20240130_055058.thumb.jpg.2d15258f566bf14c748f3489be54fea3.jpg

Edited by FishAR
additional discussion

WOW!  Sounds like you put some serious thought into it.  Like you, my couch is the elephant in the room.  Not only do i want to install the Dish receiver, but i also wanted to put in a “Smart” TV.  This has quickly become an “All Day Sucker.”  Ill let you know

9 minutes ago, LilGTO71 said:

WOW!  Sounds like you put some serious thought into it.  Like you, my couch is the elephant in the room.  Not only do i want to install the Dish receiver, but i also wanted to put in a “Smart” TV.  This has quickly become an “All Day Sucker.”  Ill let you know

Do you also have the jack knife couch on that side and have you found the access panel?

21 hours ago, LilGTO71 said:

BE SAFE in your travels

Please consider putting your coach information with your signature . Sure helps with appropriate answers for post issues. 

Thank you