Cooling fan 2006 Diplomat

Can someone give me the diameter of the fan on a 2006 Diplomat (blade tip to blade tip). Also, the shroud opening diameter. I tried to measure but it is really tough for this 83 year old body to get an accurate  measurement! I think the fan is 30" and the shroud 31". Can somebody confirm? I want to order a new fan from Source Engineering but I want to make certain I get the right one 

Thanks, Tom Staska 06 Dip

1 minute ago, trstaska said:

Can someone give me the diameter of the fan on a 2006 Diplomat (blade tip to blade tip). Also, the shroud opening diameter. I tried to measure but it is really tough for this 83 year old body to get an accurate  measurement! I think the fan is 30" and the shroud 31". Can somebody confirm? I want to order a new fan from Source Engineering but I want to make certain I get the right one 

Thanks, Tom Staska 06 Dip

That’s a tough one! I replaced mine but then I have a 09 Knight. When u find out, also find out if you need the 1” spacer that goes behind the fan. Mine was installed without it and my engine overheated. Because the fan wasn’t far enough into the shroud and the air mostly went around it. Spacer now in and it runs cool. Unfortunately I do not know your dimensions.

I can get measurements for you tomorrow from my 2007 Diplomat. If you call Source Engineering and talk to (Jim) if I remember the name correctly he knows exactly what you need. I just told him which motorhome I had and the fan he sent fit correctly. The hardest part is adjusting the shroud depth to fit in the middle of the new fan blades. I had to get a fan spacer and Jim knows that part number also.

Just PM me if still want the measurements.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, klcdenver said:

I can get measurements for you tomorrow from my 2007 Diplomat. If you call Source Engineering and talk to (Jim) if I remember the name correctly he knows exactly what you need. I just told him which motorhome I had and the fan he sent fit correctly. The hardest part is adjusting the shroud depth to fit in the middle of the new fan blades. I had to get a fan spacer and Jim knows that part number also.

Just PM me if still want the measurements.

YEP!!  It's their in house proprietary product.