2008 Camelot draglink tie rod boot does not look right

Hello Everyone

I was under the coach today, looking for air leaks, and noticed something unusual about the draglink tie rod end. I was thinking there might be a clamp or something gone missing and wondering if there are any thoughts or suggestions on how to put it back together?

Also I would very much appreciate if someone with a similar year Camelot can share a photo of their draglink tie rod end so I can compare and see what needs to be done on our unit. 

Thank you so much.

2024-03-16-16-13-35.jpg

2024-03-16-16-15-49.jpg

Looks to me like the drag link has been replaced so it’s probably a different design, notice the drag like isn’t panted like everything around it, doesn’t answer your question but it’s hard to know if it’s been replaced with a sub standard part. Jmo.

See if you can pop the boot back onto the housing, it looks like it just popped loose.  An o ring pick will help if it's tight to get back on. 

Ali

I'm going through a similar issue, but at the other end of the drag link.  My rubber grease boot split and I'm researching options.

But to your question, here's a picture of mine.  Your second picture looks as if the gap is not the same all the way around, but maybe it's the angle of the camera. There's no rubber boot at that gap, at least not on mine, it's up by the zerk fitting.    I'd chock the tires, start the engine, and have someone turn the steering wheel,  just a little, back and forth, while you watch to see if there is any play/slack in that joint.  

IMG_3785.jpg

Edited by windsorbill06

8 hours ago, Benjamin said:

See if you can pop the boot back onto the housing, it looks like it just popped loose.  An o ring pick will help if it's tight to get back on. 

I agree, I am suspecting the POs mechanic might have used power grease gun causing it to pop loose. I am hoping another Camelot owner might share the photo of theirs with the boot seated so we can see how it should look after getting it back on. 

5 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

... I'd chock the tires, start the engine, and have someone turn the steering wheel,  just a little, back and forth, while you watch to see if there is any play/slack in that joint.  

Thank you Bill, I agree. I will check for any slack/play on the drag link ball joints. Also when you determine your options for the drag link boot on the steer axle side would you mind sharing it. I haven't looked closer but ours might have some issues there as well.