Door chime location

I cannot find the door bell chime location on my 2009 Holiday Rambler Bismarck 4 to see why the door bell doesn't work. I did find this box on the wall going into the rear bath. I don't know what it does as it's batteries where dead. Changed the batteries and still nothing.

IMG_20240331_082445_070.jpg

On my 2009 Dynasty with a CCM it is located in the passenger right side console on the back side, it's a small round looking speaker.

On my Dynasty the wires come out of the handle keypad and go's straight to the speaker. If you lift the storage tray/compartment out you can see the speaker if yours is the same as mine. Hope this helps or at least eliminates one possibility for you.

2 hours ago, Bar SR Ranch said:

On my 2009 Dynasty with a CCM it is located in the passenger right side console on the back side, it's a small round looking speaker.

On my Dynasty the wires come out of the handle keypad and go's straight to the speaker. If you lift the storage tray/compartment out you can see the speaker if yours is the same as mine. Hope this helps or at least eliminates one possibility for you.

ODDS are….the Nav and Dynasty are the same….all came down the same line….same harnesses.  Monaco used a “piezoelectric” chime or speaker.  Locate it and check voltage.  As long as it has 12 or so volts….OK.  No volts, then the issue is in the door bell switch.  So VERIFY voltage…..then READ THE FOLLOWING.

On my 09 Camelot, my ding dong chime was a very LOW amps (maybe 100 MilliAmps).  RadioShack used to sell them.  BUT, on some Monaco’s….Monaco GOOFED…

https://www.trimarkcorp.com/EN/media/eask/SB119 Doorbell Controller Fix for Monaco RVs_Rev1.pdf

My chime was OK…but the contacts on the doorbell switch will burn out.  I talked to Trimark about this a long time ago….and they put out this PDF.

So, if your OEM chime is bad….and you have good voltage….  BTW.  I would grab a spare Bosch relay….hook up temporarily, terminals 85 & 86….then VERIFY coil closure….as a No Load Voltage measurement can be deceiving…. Then….you can install ANY chime. Some of the ones I found as “RV 12 VDC pulled half to a full amp. (500 - 1000 mA)….not good.

Good Luck.

Tom, thanks for the information.

Looks like one more thing that I need to do for some preventive maintenance.