2004 Dynasty Shower door hinge broken. Help & information, please

good morning, our 04 Dynasty's shower door will not close anymore. Seems there is a grey plastic strip that runs the length of the door and 1/2 of it is broken preventing the door from closing. It seems this strip acts as a hinge. Not sure how to remove. Thank you all

20240402_080108.jpg

20240402_080116.jpg

20240402_080150.jpg

20240402_080202.jpg

20240402_080213.jpg

I think the plastic strip acts more to keep water in the shower and/or holds the glass in place.   The door is probably a male/female hinge type system where the two pieces interlock to allow the door to swing. 

Really only way to tell is to remove the door and see how it works.  The plastic strip is probably replaceable. 

DK Hardware sells lots of types of hardware.  https://www.dkhardware.com/

Get the company name off the etched info on the shower door.  Call them. You may have to send your pictures.  That will be your best first step.  Otherwise, you might have to do some “major mods” to replace with a different design.  These units were made by several different companies.  Some went belly up circa 2010.  Others were bought out and consolidated into a larger company.

if there is no “easy” DIY Fabricated fix….google and chase down the factory.  For example, Shower Enclosures of America (SEA) was a major Monaco supplier and we can still get all the hardware and parts for our 15 - 18 year old assemblies….

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2004 Dynasty Shower door hinge broken. Help & information, please

I had the exact same issue with my 04 Dynasty shower door.  On the inside of the shower there is a trim piece with a small screw at the top and the bottom, remove those and the trim piece should come off and reveal pivot piano hinge that can be replaced with one from Amazon for 10.00.

Hardware Essentials 851063 Continuous Pin 24" x 1-1/4" Nickel - Door Hinges - Amazon.com

1 hour ago, Paul J A said:

It is from and made by; 

Traico@seamerica.com Is the email address of their TOP Parts guy.  SEA also has a “secondary” or affiliated company that distributes their parts.  Google and get phone number.  Call.  There is (was) an option to connect to Traico.  Very helpful and responsive over the years.  If the enclosure in question is an SEA….high probability that parts are readily available.

Thank you all for your information. I called SEA and after looking at my pics, they determined the shower door was not a SEA but KOHLER STERLING. So I called them in Wisconsin and got the usual ( no model# no parts...)we are traveling so when we stop, I will attempt to try to get the #'s from the door like Tom said. If need to, maybe replace everything with a standard piano hinge...

20 hours ago, Duffer51 said:

I had the exact same issue with my 04 Dynasty shower door.  On the inside of the shower there is a trim piece with a small screw at the top and the bottom, remove those and the trim piece should come off and reveal pivot piano hinge that can be replaced with one from Amazon for 10.00.

Hardware Essentials 851063 Continuous Pin 24" x 1-1/4" Nickel - Door Hinges - Amazon.com

Hi Ron, this door seems to have a pivot point on the top and bottom of the door. I believe they call it a pivot block. Did you replace yours with the piano hinge?