06 Patriot Thunder fuses

Continuing to help my friend with his new to him Rig. Got the new toilet in and the old Magnum Opus is going to Paul Wittle. 
Went up to it today to help him understand the systems etc and the hydraulic jacks don’t work. Power light comes on on the control but none of the lights above the switches comes on when activating and none of the jacks move. Figured I’d look for a fuse but his front run bay is empty compared to my Executive. Just bussbars and connectors. No low voltage fuses. Looked everywhere inside the coach…nothing, except the Aladdin modules. Anyone know where the low voltage fuses may be? 

Steven, Have you checked the fluid level in the reservoir? It should be full, meaning about 1/2” from the top. If it is low, that may stop the jacks from working. 

Thanks for the reply. I did not check the fluid level. The owner was able to deploy them before I arrived but the front one would not retract. When I got there the warning light on the display was blinking. I located the pump and open the solenoid to allow the front jack to retract. Warning light went out but cannot actuate any jack. Power light on display does come on on the display when turning on. Thinking fuse to the pump is open but can’t find it. Didn’t have my tools so could check for voltage at the pump

11 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Thanks for the reply. I did not check the fluid level. The owner was able to deploy them before I arrived but the front one would not retract. When I got there the warning light on the display was blinking. I located the pump and open the solenoid to allow the front jack to retract. Warning light went out but cannot actuate any jack. Power light on display does come on on the display when turning on. Thinking fuse to the pump is open but can’t find it. Didn’t have my tools so could check for voltage at the pump

Check the prints.  There may or may not be a “FUSE” to the pump.  Odds are there is a resettable Circuit breaker in the RRB.  The Patriot (Same a Dynasty) uses breakers. The hydraulic leveling system was a “supplemental” or option to the normal air bag leveling.  It may or may NOT be part of the HWH system for the slides….unless he has electric front slides.  Since it is an “intellitec MPX” unit, the HWH hydraulic uses a “control” box for the slides.  

NOW…it gets tricky, so, all this comment is …..is generic for the HWH slides….  There are two signals that have to go to any hydraulic “system” to deploy slides or, I think, conversely, jacks.  One is a “Pump Start”.  That is a signal (stays on while motor running) to energize or engage the Pump Motor solenoid. That solenoid  then closes and the High Current resettable circuit breaker power goes to the Pump motor.  There is a corresponding signal that goes to the appropriate solenoid to allow the fluid to flow. 

The 05 Dynasties that did NOT have the Intellitec MPX, so it had plain switches to activate the slides….thus they were hard wired.  When the Dynasty went to the MPX system, in 2006, Monaco had to add the more sophisticated HWH control box.  The Pump Start signal came from the Circuit board in the box.  Then there was an individual relay for each solenoid also in the box.  So, it got a bit more “complicated”.

NOW….if there was a “full wall slide”, Monaco did NOT use the HWH Hydraulic system for it.  There was a separate “Hydraulic” pump and reservoir on the rig…..folks spent a lot of time troubleshooting their HWH Slide system trying to make the full slide work….  OPPS….stand alone.

I have no idea how the jack system works on a Dynasty….but one needs to know if it is part of an HWH Slide or a separate Hydraulic pack, most likely a Lippert for the Jacks….  Monaco used Lippert systems and controls a lot.  Odds are, the leveling unit is a Valid/Powergear system….so knowing “where” that unit if and whether if is part of a slide system or stand alone is critical….  Frank and I spent a LOT of time “helping” a tech fix an HWH for a slide….until the owner told us it was a Full Wall and that slide was NOT powered by the HWH system….  The things you learn….

Good luck….keep us posted….

Thanks Tom,

the coach has HWH slides. Hydraulic with the typical electric bed slide. Jack system is totally separate. Since my time left in Fl before heading north is getting short so is the time I have to help him out. I didn’t open the RRB compartment yet. I will look there during my next run to his coach and I will bring the needed tools. Yesterday’s stop was to help him understand the working of the systems so I didn’t bring anything with me. Then the jack situation came up. He wants to take it out for a local weekend getaway this weekend so he will use air leveling for now. I’m sure my phone will be ringing this weekend and there will be a good list of questions and issues to undertake early next week

51 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

Thanks Tom,

the coach has HWH slides. Hydraulic with the typical electric bed slide. Jack system is totally separate. Since my time left in Fl before heading north is getting short so is the time I have to help him out. I didn’t open the RRB compartment yet. I will look there during my next run to his coach and I will bring the needed tools. Yesterday’s stop was to help him understand the working of the systems so I didn’t bring anything with me. Then the jack situation came up. He wants to take it out for a local weekend getaway this weekend so he will use air leveling for now. I’m sure my phone will be ringing this weekend and there will be a good list of questions and issues to undertake early next week

Figured that or that you knew that.  But also wanted to confirm my suspicions.  Thanks for the update….