Rear ladder issues

Hello everyone,

on my 2000 Dynasty, while traveling I noticed my ladder supports 

IMG_4357.thumb.jpeg.0816191f245e99e9c82e17ade1834842.jpeg

Has broke/unscrewed from the rig. The supports bar has not twisted.

Before I started disassembling, I was wondering if anyone knows how that attaches. Do I need a new support bar because something broke inside? Or just retighten it up?

thanks

I had the same issues. The latter pulls away from the coach and leaves a gap between the base attached to the coach and the ladder tubing. Mune was on the middle standoffs. 

What I found was that the circular base that attaches to the coach is attached to the ladder tubing by a 1/4-20 screw on the rear of the base (hidden when its attached to the coach) and inside the tubing is a star nut (like might be used on a bicycle. the star nut is a nut with fingers designed to go inside tubing meant to hold firm and be a firm point where a screw can be screwed into.

I took the ladder loose and removed the stand off, you would need to get the ladder loose enough to get at the back of the bottom base (flange) to tighten it back up. Then reattach the base to the rig and you should be good to go.

I would suggest tightening as many attachment points as you can as they work together to keep the ladder tight. 

Star nuts are not normally removed, If you want to replace them, just push them deeper into the tube and then put a new star nut. This is what they look  like. but I am not sure these are the correct size for your ladder.

The repair is not hard, but could seem a little intimidating. I tightened my ladder and it was fine for about a year. When I tighten it again, I will replace the star nuts to effect a longer lasting repair. You might also want to get replacement 1/4 x 2.5 (or longer) screws to replace any that have their heads damaged or are hard to turn.

Again, not expensive, maybe better to just replace the screws.

This is for bicycle head tube star nuts at amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/KIEVODE-PCS-Bike-Headset-Star/dp/B0C698GSG1/ref=sr_1_15?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.g3JMOHou8WwGXXVVt33SczimW7jsVScXljVA-I0upuVVY88FMujiSUoB9i_8fJKoUSRM_FkY1iDgZDgZrBa0nkl7d1pZ0WcGwNMOTzR6W0f8SpQzNgTWKuzPeUOI9Etprt26j75eVl94Uj27D0HetfJkojFO8wq1B7rwjxL6nKGtjH0ciWO37xHJyJTOIP9kwE-96DwbgfH_bnr1NyopT2z3bPmxVoQwNq1V6BiHn65xR_lIiVY0NPaLtV7ooyaZNZ2kv48Du9EyBwfYBOZ55Bty45NBtLqUTch7C_V1cO8.Aj2vTFG2FxVrOS_Fa3a-Mb20wTWkkqEZ5nDzUOLFB8E&dib_tag=se&keywords=star+nut&qid=1714403414&sr=8-15

hope it helps,

John 

7 hours ago, Rocketman3 said:

Hello everyone,

on my 2000 Dynasty, while traveling I noticed my ladder supports 

IMG_4357.thumb.jpeg.0816191f245e99e9c82e17ade1834842.jpeg

Has broke/unscrewed from the rig. The supports bar has not twisted.

Before I started disassembling, I was wondering if anyone knows how that attaches. Do I need a new support bar because something broke inside? Or just retighten it up?

thanks

Please use the search function as requested.  There must be 10 separate topics.  Ladders were or were not sometimes used on several models….

OK….

https://www.monacoers.org/search/?&q=Dynasty ladder&type=forums_topic&quick=1&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

THIS search….Dynasty Ladder…..then selecting “topics” from the “EVERYWHERE” drop down as 20 hits….some relevant….some not

LADDER only….how about 10 pages….and some were older Dynasty specific 

https://www.monacoers.org/search/?&q=ladder &type=forums_topic&quick=1&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

Hope this hekps you get the specific and hands on info you need.

keep us posted….as to vendors and what you do.  Many are about how to properly attach or things folks have tried to prevent a reoccurrence….as well as where to find new hardware….the parts list has an entire section on “ladders”.  Use the Adobe “Find” and LADDER…

Good luck

On 4/29/2024 at 10:50 AM, Rocketman3 said:

We removed the entire ladder and replaced all star nuts and bolts on the back of the RV.

• 2 weeks later...