Radio dash board

Go to solution Solved by Marine Boy,

1/8 inch aluminum is easy to cut and shape. Cover with your favorite wood covering or something fancy.

I was thinking about fabricating it, it only has few switches on it and would allow me to install whatever size radio I want. 

I may have to look into this.

Thank you, you guys are absolutely THE BEST. 

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Sorry, but you won't find an off the shelf dash panel to match.  One option comes from the marine industry with a company called New Wire and they custom make dash panels with many options of configuration, prewired with switches or many other ways.  Here is there website  https://newwiremarine.com/  

Another option if you are handy with wood work is to get a product used in the marine industry called starboard.  It is a plastic that can be worked like wood and comes in many different colors, finishes and thicknesses.  When I made my own dash panel, I used starboard that was 7/16" thick, so it could carry the weight of the stereo and other items.  A good company to check out for this is: https://www.boatoutfitters.com/   They will sell you pieces cut to size and even put holes if it for you, for a charge of course.

See pictures of my dash.  The panel under the stereo is the panel I made out of Starboard.

Good Luck, John

20220918_154516.jpg

20220918_154519.jpg

20220918_154522.jpg

20220918_154526.jpg

20220918_154532.jpg

Edited by Marine Boy

I replaced mine on my 2003 Dynasty.  The guys at Elite Repair and Remodel in Harrisburg OR has a source for a great replacement (also the full instrument cluster panel), but I don't recall who it was.

BTW great shop, those guys worked at the Monaco factory until it was moved to Indiana.  They know these coaches incredibly well.  I drove there from TX to have a lot of repairs/upgrades done and it was the best idea I have had for my coach.