Thetford seal too big and too small

My water valve broke on my toilet so I ordered a new one and pulled the toilet to install. The kit came with a new flange seal. I placed the seal on the toilet and went to install and it didn't fit in the flange. I pulled the toilet and pulled the seal off the toilet. I placed it on the flange and it was too big. It fit the toilet side but not the flange side. 

Before I dig the old one out of the trash. Has anyone run into this? Is there a different size flange seal. the flange looks like about 3". I've thought about trimming down the seal. It looks a bit fat and I might just try that. Any input is welcome. 

I am not sure that there are different seals (or not). Go to the Thetford site and look at the exploded parts list and find the recommended seal part number. Then search for that part number on Amazon or other sites. That is what I did earlier this year. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nvrtoofast said:

My water valve broke on my toilet so I ordered a new one and pulled the toilet to install. The kit came with a new flange seal. I placed the seal on the toilet and went to install and it didn't fit in the flange. I pulled the toilet and pulled the seal off the toilet. I placed it on the flange and it was too big. It fit the toilet side but not the flange side. 

Before I dig the old one out of the trash. Has anyone run into this? Is there a different size flange seal. the flange looks like about 3". I've thought about trimming down the seal. It looks a bit fat and I might just try that. Any input is welcome. 

NOW...what came in your's? DON'T KNOW.  The buildsheet has the model and such, if you have that.  

BUT....if you do some DIGGING....  Look at the Sales Brochure.  The 2006 came with

Style Plus Porcelain Toilet with Sprayer

OK>>>>we have the SAME "SERIES"....

Thetford 34100 Style Lite & Style Plus Water Valve Kit

OK.... NOW if you go to Amazon....that is the right kit.  THIS I KNOW...  

There are two files.  Look at the first.  Mine is the STYLE PLUS and it is on the right side. 

SO, look at the PDF's.  If you have the STYLE PLUS or the STYLE II...that kit has the right part...

Good Luck...

Thetford Style Plus Toilet Perm OM 06_42088A_033009[1].pdf Style Plus Parts .pdf

Tom thanks for chiming in. Did the search when purchasing the water valve. Figured the gasket would have been correct as well. trimmed the gasket to fit and toilet is back on and sealed. 

Case closed. For now.....